CalWIN Deputy Delivery Executive
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Manages client relationships and acts as a trusted advisor, thought leader and general manager to grow the business through sales Develops a client-centered agenda (plan), improves the financial quality of the account [s] (grow), harnesses innovations to meet contractual commitments (deliver) and provides the leadership that aligns teams and holds members accountable for results (lead). Provides pan-HP leadership working across HP and with the customer as one unified HP account team.
Manages activities of non-exempt/exempt individual contributors (typically Expert/Master) and/or MG1s. Has accountability for a large multi-department area(s) or location(s) with significant impact on business unit results and organizational strategy. Applies expert subject matter knowledge to manage staff activities in solving most complex business/technical issues within established policies. Acts as a key advisor to senior management on the development of overall policies and long-term goals of the organization. Plans, directs and monitors high-end operational/tactical activities of Staff. Staff members’ primary focus is on either high-end tactical or broad strategic issues or a combination of both. Recruits and supports development of direct staff members. Additional Guidance/Criteria: 1) Directs and controls activities within a sub-region or Region; 2) Position typically reports to MG3 or above; 3) Typically managers 10 or more direct reports. Span of Control guidelines may differ from these numbers.
- Delivers Account Business Plan (ABP), Account Financial Plan (AFP), and Account Operating Plan (AOP)
- Leads, coordinates, and manages the long-term, consultative, C-suite client relationship to become the client’s trusted advisor
- Establishes and manages, a program to achieve client service excellence
- Presents pan-HP Portfolio
- Meets or exceeds financial commitments
- Exercises responsibility for growing HP’s year over year share of wallet and shareholder return
- Delivers technological and service delivery innovations that reduce costs and delight customers
- Delivers on HP’s contractual commitments, technical or process innovations, reduces costs and delight customers
- Enforces a change management mechanism for requests outside the agreed scope
- Ensures a strong governance framework and meeting cadence within HP and between HP and the customers
- Leads all employees who provide services to the client, either directly or indirectly
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, MBA or equivalent preferred
- 10 – 12 years in account leadership roles such as sales, delivery or business management
- Experience leading global and matrixed teams.
- Experience in IT industry required and vertical industry preferred.
- P & L, sales and risk management skills required.
Knowledge and Skills:
- General Management Skills
- Consultative sales skills
- Financial Acumen
- Knowledge of IT Industry, including trends and competitors
- In depth knowledge of vertical industry
- Change Management skills
- Strong communication skills
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top