Business Planning Manager II b
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
The team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity
- Leads complex data and business analyses to develop business plans, and identifies recommendations and insights.
- Works independently to construct highly complex statistical and financial models to forecast business performance; coaches others on model development.
- Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and develops the process for identifying and
addressing performance gaps.
- Manages complex, timesensitive market research projects and prepares synthesized intelligence reports with clear implications.
- Leads cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Contributes to priority projects by adding creative insights and developing recommendations.
- Partners with business leaders to develop business plans and proactively identify new opportunities.
- Develops go-forward business plan recommendations based on potential risks and returns.
- Identifies cutting-edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
- Manages quantitative and qualitative business models and analyses to support multiple, large projects.
- Contributes to proactive business planning activities and priority projects.
- Decision-making implications extend to multiple functions and/or businesses, and impact the business directly.
Education and Experience Required
Typically 6-10 years work experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area.
Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Extensive knowledge of research methodology for key business issues.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to business analysis.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of how to analyze business problems using Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Very strong project management skills, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Developed leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to identify emerging trends from market and industry data.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top