Business Planning Manager I
Business Planning Manager I
Defines, manages, and evaluates business plans to ensure they are operationally executable against defined strategic objectives. Leads and partners with cross-functional teams to develop short-term (typically less than two years) business plans and supporting data-driven models. Prepares comprehensive implementation tactics, including execution plans, resource allocation plans, follow-up guidelines, assessment, and process accountabilities. Ensures that business activities are aligned with stated plans among different stakeholders. Sets business metrics, evaluates actual performance, and makes recommendations to business leaders on performance target achievement. Develops data-driven analyses to optimize resources and ensure that business plans can be translated into financial value.
- Manages complex data and business analyses to develop business plans and make recommendations.
- Works independently to construct complex statistical and financial models to forecast business performance.
- Defines the metrics required to measure business performance, compares actual data to forecasted values, and develops the process for identifying and addressing performance gaps.
- Manages complex, time- sensitive market research projects and synthesizes data and information to identify relevant trends and next steps.
- Works with cross-functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Contributes to priority projects with complex analyses and assists in developing recommendations.
- Works closely with business leaders to develop business plans based on historical and forecasted data and reports.
- Develops go-forward business plan recommendations based on potential risks and returns.
- Identifies cutting-edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically 4-6 years experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. First level university degree.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of research methodology and the ability to manage complex data requests.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to learn and draw on new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches to business analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Developed relationship management skills.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to identify and summarize relevant trends from market and industry data.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top