Business Planning Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
- Drives high-impact business plan development that enables the execution of business strategies (e.g., implementing new growth initiatives, reducing costs).
- Leads complex business planning initiatives, including M&A integration projects at global and cross-business unit levels.
- Directs and prioritizes large, highly complex business planning projects by monitoring deliverables and milestones, including developing contingencies to minimize risks and maximize success.
- Partners with high-level client business leaders on a wide range of business issues, including risk management, implementation tactics, and new opportunity development.
- Oversees budget management for multiple, complex plans and projects and is accountable for adhering to stated budgets.
- Oversees the development of project guidelines, plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Influences high-level business leaders by presenting compelling analyses and recommendations for optimizing business performance.
- Leads multiple large cross-functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Provides innovative thought leadership and shapes the knowledge base across multiple businesses, functions, or regions.
- Provides strong leadership including developing and monitoring individual and team performance goals, coaching managers and senior individual contributors, and driving major change initiatives.
- Oversees and manages the allocation of tools and resources to support team efforts.
- Partners with high level client business leaders to integrate plans across multiple businesses.
- Manages multiple large, cross-organization planning assignments.
- Staffs and manages cross-functional, global, virtual, and direct engagement teams.
- Oversees project business goals for multiple clients.
- Presents business cases to SVP-level and above clients and audiences.
- May lead planning efforts for a major product line, medium to large business, or region.
- Is held accountable for business performance goal attainment.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 10 years experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. Previous people leadership experience, preferably in a global, crossfunctional environment.
- Advanced university degree (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives.
- Superior business acumen, technical knowledge multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including advanced negotiation, presentation, and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including time and risk management, and project structuring.
- Advanced relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Advanced leadership skills, including coaching, team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues.
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
- Ability to manage human capital in a virtual and global environment to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
“If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top