Business Planning Manager
Business Planning Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
The Business Planning Manager position will report directly to the Strategy, Planning & Operations leader in DCIG's Service Provider, OEM, China, and Telco business.
We are looking for an energetic, creative, and motivated individual who can help transform the organization, with the ability to distill complex topics into crisp, clear communications which inspire and who will raise the level of that competence across the team. He/she will also provide strategic counsel to executives and will participate in cross-company and cross-functional initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead transformation initiatives across the business
- Facilitate alignment of strategy and operations including:
- Develop organizational metrics, dashboards, and drive an operational cadence for the organization
- Define operational models, processes, and governance to drive organizational excellence
- Develop and execute compelling and effective communications to drive the change agenda.
- Lead the development of materials for key executive reviews, including internal operational reviews and external Board of Directors reviews
- Lead key initiatives as identified
Management level definitions
Unique mastery and recognized authority on relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful. Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division functional teams or projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division, multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
- Develops recommendation from complex data and business analyses and formulates them into business plans.
- Drives the construction of highly innovative statistical and financial models to analyze new aspects of business performance.
- Establishes the metrics required to measure business performance, and recommends the go-forward strategy to address performance gaps.
- Leads highly complex, time- sensitive market research projects and identifies compelling trends and opportunities for business leaders.
- Staffs and manages cross- functional teams across the entire span of business planning activities.
- Drives all aspects of priority projects and makes final team decisions.
- Develop business plans and proactively identify new opportunities as partners with client business leaders.
- Develops and drives comprehensive business plan recommendations, based on analysis, emerging trends, and experience.
- Identifies or develops cutting- edge analytical tools, models, and methods for making key business decisions.
- Counsels business leaders, recommends approaches for executing high-level strategies and develops creative solutions
Education and Experience
Typically 10+ years total experience in strategy, planning, operations, finance, or related functional area. Advanced university degree required (e.g., MBA) or demonstrable equivalent experience. IABC accreditation preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of research methodology for the most challenging business issues.
- Excellent analytical thinking, technical analysis, and data manipulation skills.
- Ability to leverage new analytical techniques to develop creative approaches and insights.
- Extensive knowledge of how to analyze business problems using Excel, Access, statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Superior business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including leading large, cross-functional initiatives that impact the organization.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including team-building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to lead multiple, large, time sensitive projects or work streams.
- Ability to identify emerging trends from market and industry data, and make clear and compelling business planning recommendations.
- Strong organization and program management skills
- Ability to link communications plans and activities to business results
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of employee communications methodologies, tools and vehicles
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Proven experience managing, leading, driving and measuring virtual teams toward common goal
- Advanced writing and editing skills - very minimal peer or manager edits needed;
- Strong active listening and interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable, able to work in ambiguous situations
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills; passionate about taking action to solve problems
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others; high levels of tact and diplomacy
- Fluency in English
- Leads efforts to develop innovative business models and analyses to support multiple, large projects.
- Manages proactive business planning activities and priority projects.
- Decision-making implications extend to multiple functions and/or businesses, and impact the business directly.
- Designs and directs various approaches to address broad planning needs within the most complex business functions.
- Recognized as an expert for developing and managing follow- through of complex, comprehensive business plans.
- Develops new, creative approaches to improving the business planning cycle.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top