Business Operations Manager
“Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.”
The Finance team at HPE provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
- Provide support for AMS regional Trade Controls team
- Facilitate and enhance business processes and trade activities, while interacting pro-actively with the business and global functions.
- Coordinate with other Global Trade teams on classification and licensing matters
- Respond to issue request submitted to regional mailbox, particularly regarding screening escalations
- Provide performance metrics on a regular basis, on incident reports, licenses and escalations identifying opportunities for improvement actions and targets for future assessment
- Assist in maintaining the regional control data in GTS screening system
- Maintain and enhance the current business processes
- Supports the AMS Regional Regulatory Trade Compliance program and updates regional ICP
- Ensure compliance with complex regional and U.S. trade regulations in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
- Consult with individual businesses or functional areas within HP on specific topics related to import and export compliance and operational processes with primary focus on import.
- Analyze data and/or conduct interviews to identify potential compliance issues
- Participate in complex projects by adding creative insights and developing recommendations, supporting UAT testing
- Recognized internally and externally for having solid level of technical knowledge
- Available for occasional meetings with colleagues in other regions/time zones
- Capable of leading interactions with other GT teams, other functional areas or business units
- Assist in providing information in response to inquiries from government agencies
- Provide input to training materials
Education and Experience Required
- First level university degree or equivalent experience and/or 3 years of experience in an import/export global trade function, preferably with a large multi-national corporation or import/export service provider.
- Audit/assessment experience a plus.
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Basic understanding of import and export topics
- Basic understanding of supply chain processes
- Ability to use analytical tools, models and methods
- Solid communication and influencing skills; mastery in English and Spanish (written and verbal)
- Solid internal and external relationship management skills
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility
- Basic understanding of national and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectives
- Team player who is willing to take on a variety of tasks
- Time management skills to enable efficient completion of multiple tasks/assignments
- Recognize high priority issues and escalate accordingly
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top