Business Operations and Presales Intern
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group Consulting (a successful business unit in Hewlett Packard Enterprise) advise our customers by helping align their IT strategy to business value. We transform their IT landscape. We deliver agility and flexibility to our customers, while also ensuring security and stability, reducing risk and delivering unmatched value.
We are looking to recruit an Industrial Trainee to work alongside our business operations and presales team in this highly lucrative, leading and fast paced business.
If successful, you will to be an integral part of Enterprise Group Consulting – a team that is driven to achieve results. A business that is on course to be the industry’s leading provider of hybrid IT, built on the secure, next-generation, software-defined infrastructure that will run customers’ data centres today, bridge them to multi-cloud environments tomorrow, and enable the emerging intelligent edge that will power campus, branch and Internet of Things applications for decades to come. All delivered through a world-class services capability.
You will gain a wealth of experience of how to engage with the team, deal with challenges and ultimately gain an understanding of the way in which the presales and sales cycle and central business operations work in this highly competitive industry.
Your role will involve supporting business operations excellence and engaging with a number of senior stakeholders to make sure the business runs as effectively as possible.
- Business Operations Support — include providing support to the business operations lead to ensure the effective day-to-day running of the business.
- Presales Excellence – include providing new reports and data intelligence for senior management in the business to drive decisions, efficiencies and strategy.
- Presales – include undertaking bid work supporting Sales and the Presales teams.
- Portfolio – include developing and supporting specific sales campaigns and assisting the ongoing development of a relevant portfolio of customer offerings.
- Special Assignments — you may be required to work on a series of large and small scale projects throughout your year at Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
- Organise and attend regular meetings with the management, Sales and Presales teams.
- Relationship Building — build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Education & Experience:
- We are looking for high calibre candidates that are currently studying a business related degree course at University and are expected to achieve a minimum of a 2:1 grade.
- A candidate who has excellent written and verbal communication skills and can lead by example even in the most demanding of situations.
- You will be working in a constantly changing and fast paced environment therefore you must present skills that show your willingness to adapt to any situation that may arise. Being keen, approachable and willingness to help/take on challenges is key.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint is essential. Experience in database management would also be beneficial.
- No primary experience in sales or presales is necessary however, you must have solid record of past work experience and/or participation in meaningful extra-curricular activities.
A car is not essential for this role however it may prove to be beneficial as you may be required to travel to HPE sites
- Strong team working skills.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work independently – very important.
- Accuracy and attention to detail – very important.
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills.
Potential interns must be in their 2nd year of a 4 year degree which requires (or has an option for) year 3 to be a 1 year’s industrial placement. A Business, Engineering, IT or related degree discipline is preferable but not essential, however a target to achieve a 2.1 (based on first year’s results and/or predicted second year’s result) is required.
In addition to the above educational requirements, Students must be eligible to work in the UK and be available to commence the placement on or about July 2017.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top