Business Operations Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services is one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries. We help our clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through our seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey. We also bring the best of HPE together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients. Leveraging HPE’s portfolio we offer end-to-end solutions for today’s IT environments.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE Enterprise Services as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Business Operations Analyst
The Business Management Operations Staff (BMO) provides support to the Account Business Office Executives (ABOEs) who establish the integration point for the Account Executive (AE) and other business functions by providing overall account business management and governance services.
The mission of the Business Management Operations Staff (BMO) is to support Account Business Office Executives in delivering the functions in the ABOE Framework. These functions realize a consistent, client-centered operating cadence within accounts (Governance), grow and improve the financial quality of the account (Business Planning), support and enable aggressive account sales and margin growth (Business Enablement), and drive the operational efficiencies, coordination, and analysis needed to best meet account commitments (Business Operations).
- Account Business Reviews – Manages account’s Operating Cadence / Business Review Process and effective execution
- Account Deal Governance – Manages Account Deal Governance Process, provides Business Operations Assessment, and ensures compliance with HPE authorization policy
- Client Business Ops Interface / Satisfaction – Provides the client interface for any business operations matter, and is accountable for client business operation satisfaction as a part of Total Client Satisfaction plan
- Pan HPE Integration – Serves as the single point of contact (SPOC) for pan HPE business interlock and leveraged ES organizations that provide business support (e.g., finance, procurement)
- Account Business Plans (ABP) – Coordinates and maintains the 3-year pan HPE strategic plan and facilitates execution of strategy
- Account Operating Plans (AOP) – Coordinates and consolidates AOP from Action Lifecycle Management (ALM) plans, and other sources or tools to drive targets
- Pipeline Integration – Drives Sales Pipeline Review Process, reporting, and data consistency
- Pursuit Support – Acts as the single point of contact (SPOC) for all account business operations
- Workforce Strategy – Oversees optimization of labor demand and supply alignment
- Contract Obligations Compliance – Coordinates commercial contract issue resolution for compliance and benchmarking, and for the tracking and follow-up of critical deliverables
- Profit & Loss (P&L) Forecasting, Financial Management Support and Analysis – Provides context to P&L forecasting, and rationalizes Flash (e.g., tracks productivity and service improvement plans, and consolidates opportunities and risks, including service penalties and credits)
- ABO Service Line and Partner Group Integration – Provides oversight for ABO service lines, and manages integration of relevant partner groups (e.g., assures quality and timeliness of invoicing, dispute resolution, and margin improvement actions)
- The following competencies are required to successfully perform BMO roles:
- Quickly understands the business issues and data challenges of client’s organizational infrastructure
- Reviews and edits requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solution.
- Develops functional specifications and solution data specifications for business optimization projects.
Technical Understanding, Recommendation and Testing:
- Ensures issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- Works with HPE /Client personnel to identify suitable candidates for selection for optimization changes.
- Communicates needed changes to project team.
- Possesses understanding in the areas of data mining and data extraction to meet specific requirements and translate them into a format from which detailed planning can be produced.
- Competent with server technologies and terminology
- Assists in enforcement of project deadlines and schedules.
- Takes input from project and appropriately and accurately applies comments/feedback.
- Communicates and applies project standards.
- Manages resources in accordance with project schedule.
- Consistently delivers high-quality services to HPE /clients.
- Understands the components of running a fiscally successful project.
- Develops relationships with client personnel that foster client ties.
- Communicates effectively with HPE and client to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with project management.
- Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Manages client expectations effectively
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration: Finance, Management, Management Information
- Systems (MIS), Business and International Business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen and critical analytical skills
- Passion for customers, information technology
- Ability to learn quickly and has experience working in a team environment
- Ability to learn new business technology and diverse product lines and services
- Ability to learn financial and technical details for a variety of clients and environments
- Prior internship experience
- Able to perform in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Experience with higher level Microsoft Office Data Analysis Features
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top