Business Operation Manager I
Business Operation Manager I
Responsible for planning, scheduling and coordinating demand/supply management, business processes and/or manufacturing/delivery of products and services to the company policy and country regulatory requirements. Partners with stakeholders to identify/implement opportunities for business process improvement to effectively manage costs, integrate new and existing businesses, and adapt to changes in the business and regulatory environment. Time horizon is typically focused on less than six months for forecasting/planning. Leading and working with cross-functional teams, creates and implements plans that enable the execution of business strategies. Participates in the process by which demand signals are developed, validated for alignment with transition plans, supply constraints identified, and an executable plan defined that meets financial and market share goals. Scope includes business execution processes related to lifecycle planning; order management (including allocation management, Available to Promise (ATP) / commit processes, business attainment tracking); logistics management (including inbound/outbound coordination and consolidation of domestic and international systems to support shipments); and inventory management (including analysis, optimization and velocity). Partners cross-functionally to develop, track and manage business metrics for the organization (may include customer availability, service levels, on-time delivery, supplier response time (SRTs), supply chain costs and inventory.
- Manages a broad range of moderately complex supply chain processes, such as inventory analysis and planning, demand management, logistics management, and import/export operations typically with a large or complex global business unit.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and develops recommendations.
- Independently executes the demand and supply matching activities, connecting planning to execution, and identifying issues and their impact.
- Drives backlog management.
- Gathers demand data from country, region and account managers to synthesize information using complex analyses, and delivers demand signals to the supply base to contribute to demand forecasting.
- Coordinates or leads regional and global business unit planning teams to maintain and enhance the current business processes.
- Reviews performance metrics on a regular basis, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Contributes to priority projects with complex analyses and assists in developing recommendations.
- Communicates requirements and guidelines to the regional and global business unit planning teams.
- Mentors junior-level staff.
- Coordinates, develops, and manages a Regulatory Trade Compliance program.
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree or equivalent experience; may have advanced university degree.
- Typically 4-6 years of experience in a supply chain function.
- Broker's license and/or 4-6 years of experience in a customs/global trade function.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong understanding of supply chain processes (plan, source, make deliver).
- Very strong analytical and data modeling skills.
- Very Strong communication and influencing skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Proven relationship management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), statistical analysis, and financial modeling.
- Strong project management skills to lead cross-functional teams; recognized as Subject Matter Expert.
- Strong business acumen and technical knowledge within area of responsibility.
- Strong understanding of the company's overall supply chain strategy.
- Extensive understanding of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Available to Promise (ATP) and master scheduling.
- Good understanding of national and international trade requirements to align customs/trade function with business objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of inventory analysis.
- Developed leadership skills including team-building and conflict resolution and management.
Supply Chain & Operations
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top