Business Intelligence Developer - Graduate Program
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in a team of other reporting developers under the guidance of a reporting project manager; is expected to work well in this set-up to ensure excellent teamwork is maintained.
- Ensures that customer deadlines are met and if these are not realistic informs the project manager upfront what the realistic deadlines are and agrees these with the project manager & customer.
- Ensures the quality of reports is excellent and that they are reliable and can be produced consistently.
- Provides support on the reports developed by timely responding to end-user requests.
- May handle ad-hoc reporting requests received via specific tool, following the team procedure for request solving.
- Collaborates with the IT-coordinator or with the BI Architect regularly, as well as with the project manager to ensure the goals agreed are being reached and the appropriate infrastructure is used.
- Performs as a report development specialist and is able to produce reports to meet customers’ requirements, using appropriate technical solutions in the background.
- Design and develop complex, high quality, scalable and extendable reporting solutions. Develop customized solutions to link data, show in specific layouts, store, locate, and retrieve documents, data, and information.
- May be part of the project team, working closely with the Project Manager and customer to ensure the goals are met and coordinating a team of reporting specialists/developers in order to achieve the objective agreed with the customer.
- Analyze technologies, technical processes and/or functions, document findings, identify areas for improvement and create specifications and implement.
- Ensure that the solutions developed are documented and necessary knowledge is transferred toward the BI Operations operational owner who ensure the recurrent maintenance of those solutions.
- Ensure technical feasibility checks for new projects or report requests create a proposal and give potential timeframes for development activities.
- Provides guidance and leadership to entry level employees.
- Impacts team as a project manager on small, low complexity projects.
- Programming using C#, HTML5, CSS3, Jquery Mobile and XAML
- Setup Data Sources with SQl Server 2012 and Web services
- WCF consumer design and SOAP service designs
- JSON integration and Resource oriented Architecture
- Versioning of SOAP and REST endpoints
GENERAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
(Knowledge, skills, experience)
- Educated to Bachelor degree level, preferably in the Computer Science or Economic field
- Strong, proven English language skills – both verbal and written
- Experience in report development within HPE or outside is a plus.
- Microsoft SQL Server knowledge, medium level.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Experience in other development environments is a plus. (SharePoints, C#, .NET Framework, QlikView, ASP.NET, VB etc.)
- Ability to work both independently or in a team and to show initiative.
- Ability to work with management.
- Accountability for tasks assigned.
- Strong ability to synthesize and convey knowledge & information, as well as to facilitate learning and coach others in gaining specific competencies.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top