Business Intelligence Developer - Graduate Program
- MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in a team of otherreporting developers under the guidance of a reporting project manager; isexpected to work well in this set-up to ensure excellent teamwork ismaintained.
- Ensures that customerdeadlines are met and if these are not realistic informs the project managerupfront what the realistic deadlines are and agrees these with the projectmanager & customer.
- Ensures the quality ofreports is excellent and that they are reliable and can be producedconsistently.
- Provides support on thereports developed by timely responding to end-user requests.
- May handle ad-hocreporting requests received via specific tool, following the team procedure forrequest solving.
- Collaborates with theIT-coordinator or with the BI Architect regularly, as well as with the projectmanager to ensure the goals agreed are being reached and the appropriateinfrastructure is used.
- Performs as a reportdevelopment specialist and is able to produce reports to meet customers’requirements, using appropriate technical solutions in the background.
- Design and developcomplex, high quality, scalable and extendable reporting solutions. Developcustomized solutions to link data, show in specific layouts, store, locate, andretrieve documents, data, and information.
- May be part of the projectteam, working closely with the Project Manager and customer to ensure the goalsare met and coordinating a team of reporting specialists/developers in order toachieve the objective agreed with the customer.
- Analyze technologies,technical processes and/or functions, document findings, identify areas forimprovement and create specifications and implement.
- Ensure that the solutionsdeveloped are documented and necessary knowledge is transferred toward the BIOperations operational owner who ensure the recurrent maintenance of thosesolutions.
- Ensure technicalfeasibility checks for new projects or report requests create a proposal andgive potential timeframes for development activities.
- Provides guidance andleadership to entry level employees.
- Impacts team as a projectmanager on small, low complexity projects.
- Programming using C#,HTML5, CSS3, Jquery Mobile and XAML
- Setup Data Sources withSQl Server 2012 and Web services
- WCF consumer design andSOAP service designs
- JSON integration andResource oriented Architecture
- Versioning of SOAP andREST endpoints
- Educated to Bachelordegree level, preferably in the Computer Science or Economic field
- Strong, proven Englishlanguage skills – both verbal and written
- Experience in reportdevelopment within HP or outside is a plus.
- Microsoft SQL Serverknowledge, medium level.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Experience in otherdevelopment environments is a plus. (SharePoints, C#, .NET Framework, QlikView,ASP.NET, VB etc.)
- Ability to work bothindependently or in a team and to show initiative.
- Ability to work withmanagement.
- Accountability for tasksassigned.
- Strong ability tosynthesize and convey knowledge & information, as well as to facilitatelearning and coach others in gaining specific competencies.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top