Business Development Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You’ll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Business Development Manager: Incubation GTM
HPE is looking for a highly motivated Business Development professionals to drive HPE Incubation product and services portfolio. This individual will be accountable for evangelizing and acting as a key market influencer for all Incubation product and services, regional interlock and overall goal attainment in partnership with the regional based Incubation sales teams. Responsible for the expansion of HPE’s presence into new markets through evangelism, training, and hosting events to build skills and advocacy (particularly in Hyper Converged and Synergy selling motions) across the geographic region. For certain targeted use cases this role will also build knowledge and advocacy with our direct sales teams and help close large deals where applicable.
Responsible for driving business growth by developing new business or new ways to grow revenue from existing install base and new logo customers. Leads deal Pursuit efforts in preparing and communicating the customer business case/proposal for specific deals. Guides account teams through opportunity creation and pursuit strategic planning, deal qualifying, and developing and substantiating the services value proposition.
Devises and executes a growth plan that meets business goals for a given geographic and/or service business area; including accountability for achieving revenue & order targets. Builds high-quality prospect funnels that generate customer demand in partnership with marketing & sales.
Incubation Sales – Evangelism 50-60% of the time
- Partner with region based Incubation sales teams and act as an SME for all Incubation business led outcomes
- For channel sales, work closely with HPE territory managers, partner business managers, and inside sales teams to build knowledge and comfort with software-defined and Hyper-Converged solutions
- Aggressively promote Hyper-Converged and Synergy as an integral component of the Enterprise Group solution portfolio to all HPE sellers
- Frontline for enablement of regional sales teams and partner communities Identify and cultivate targeted customer opportunities
- Own the creation of a high-quality funnel that generate customer demand in partnership with sales and channel communities.
- Ensure there is wide-spread domain knowledge on why it should matter to customers and partners
- Directly lead evangelism, training, and hosting events to build skills and advocacy
- Be a constant voice of the customer/sales organization providing closed-loop feedback into the product/services teams
Channel Sales & Enablement – 20-30% of the time activity
- Accountable to develop HPE’s Hyper-Converged and software-defined sales through reseller channels and distributors
- Train reseller channels and distributors server sales teams (both HPE and channel personnel), build advocacy and preference for HPE offerings versus competitors
- Communicate benefits and unique differentiation of HPE technology
- Collaborate with channel partner sales teams’ to build partner capabilities to sell HPE’s Incubation portfolio
Enterprise/Large Account Support – 20% of time activity
- In response to specific opportunities provide support to direct account managers for certain use cases such as VDI, Hybrid and cloud applications
- Through building reference use cases and sharing knowledge enable the account manager to position Hyper Converged and Synergy offerings
- Fully engage to help close large deals where applicable.
Business Development/ Sales Capabilities
- Establishes and maintains regional Incubation business development plans
- Build channel skills and comfort with HPE technologies and drive incremental sales through channels
Competition & Technology knowledge
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of server virtualization along with expertise in HPE products including servers and storage
- Maintains a deep understanding of HPE products and positioning against competition
- Applies technical product knowledge to assist with deal screening and proposals
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree
- 7-10 years of business development and or sales experience in large technology organizations with a focus on servers, virtualization and storage
- Experience targeting key channels, building relationships with the key selling resources and driving selling resources to be advocates for HPE
- Experience with modern cloud deployments
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, software-defined compute/storage and Hyper-Converged offerings
- Experience in positioning against competing vendors, and building preference with the channel
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Ability to design and implement impactful seminars and events for large groups of highly targeted audiences
- Ability to work across a large highly matrixed organization and collaborate with sales and channel partner teams in shared accounts
- Ideally, have existing relationships with key channel and channel management in the region
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
- Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
- Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
- Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top