Business Development Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
HPE Technology Services (TS) guides customers to the New Style of IT by transforming and supporting infrastructure that enables optimal business outcomes. Our vision is to be the undisputed leading provider of Enterprise Technology Services through our constant innovation and customers-for-life mindset. We advise our customers by helping align their IT strategy to business value. We transform their IT landscape and provide a safe journey for our customers on their way to the New Style of IT. We deliver agility and flexibility to our customers, while also ensuring security and stability, reducing risk and delivering unmatched value.
Business Development Consultant
- Leverages market research to drive growth agenda
- Works with focused program managers to drive business growth both in existing and new market segments and accounts
- Rigorously qualifies opportunities for active pursuit based on the probability of success and the intelligent allocation of company’s resources
- Continually builds & reinforces client’s perception of company as a credible partner
- Consultatively positions company early in deals to influence client strategy
- Develops and champions the business justification for complex service solutions to ensure a successful engagement
- Educates account team about company Services service solutions to increase their understanding and appreciation of its contribution to overall client account retention and company profitability
- Help Sales to position the value of the support service program.
- Manage lead generation activities of the business program.
- Fulfill a coaching/mentoring role towards the countries to help build local business development skills.
- Assigned to help develop one or more business areas with target revenue growth ~$30M-$50M (sizing numbers may vary by business measures & geographies)
- Participates in representing the organization to other businesses within company and to external customers/clients.
- Provides direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
About the candidate
- Typically 5 years or more in the Services business, Sales, Business Development or Engagement
- Advanced University degree preferable
- Industry expertise in Business Development & Management
- Reliable expert experience in Market Research and Analysis
- Extensive professional experience in developing short-term, local market strategy
- Vast experience with building strategic partnerships and planning for future business opportunities
- Experienced handling of Sales and Opportunity Building
- Advanced selling skills in negotiating, proposal development, account planning
- Strong grasp of general Business acumen
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Strong customer Information Technology (IT) understanding
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and each other
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top