Business Consulting IV
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for you. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
- Big Data Consultant who analyzes and develops enterprise Big Data and Analytics solutions, supports Sales team and is a trusted advisor to the Client.
- Responsible for meeting country targets for Big Data consulting services and solution through pipeline generation and deal pursuit
- Work with sales and/or account managers to develop Big Data pipeline, and close Big Data solution opportunities
- Uses in-depth product knowledge to provide technical expertise to sales staff and customers through sales presentations, solution demonstrations.
- Provides consulting and advisory services to customer senior leadership and sets strategic direction for customers’ Big Data initiatives
- Develops and delivers Consulting Workshops, Assessments, and/or Proof of Concepts to prospect organizations
- Architects an appropriate technical solution based on HPE Big Data Solutions portfolio and offerings to meet the customer’s business requirements
- Prepares technical proposal and statement of work in response to a Big Data solution opportunity
- Provides technical leadership and participate in requirement analysis, solution architecture and design, or specific implementation deliverables during delivery phase.
- Works with peers outside immediate organization to design and/or develop new solutions to client Big Data requirements, yet be able to independently drive technical problems to a solution.
- Actively participates in HPE professions program and Practice Improvement activities. Role models knowledge sharing and promotes Re-use within practice or profession.
Education and Experience Required:
- 8 years of professional experience and a Master of Science or equivalent degree in computer science.
- Proven expertise in Big Data solution in particular in pre-sales and consulting activities.
- Experience with Hadoop frameworks such as Hortonworks and Cloudera as well as associated open source tools (MapReduce, Impala etc.)
- Experience with database technology such as Vertica, Teradata, Netezza, Microsoft SQL and Oracle
- Experience with performance tuning, systems management, backup/recovery/disaster recovery scenarios
- Good understanding of architectural concepts including performance and capacity planning, network/infrastructure planning, security architecture, and systems integration
Professional Consulting and Business Experience:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound Delivery experience in Big Data Analytics services organizations
- The ability to work as part of a close-knit, worldwide team of Big Data consultants
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top