Business and Executive Communications Lead, Software
Business and Executive Communications Lead, HPE Software
This is a senior position focused on ITOM business and executive communication. The role will include a range of content creation from keynotes and presentations to the development of thought leader platforms, point of view materials and contributed content. The role will manage 360 degree communication programs for executive(s) and manage their internal/external brand and reputation. The successful leader will be able build strong relationships with a highly matrixed group of stakeholders and be able to effectively communicate, coach, and develop programs for ITOM business leaders.
In addition to experience in business and executive communication, this position needs a leader that have a keen eye for integrating communications in a way that is compelling, easy to understand, and drives the right action for employees. This role serves as a strategic communication partner for ITOM functional groups, driving communication approaches that are employee-centered.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leverage content from the business and company narrative to develop and deliver Executive Communications plan to various audiences – senior executives, employees, customers, partners, media, analysts, etc.
- Develop the plan for delivering these key messages, using both local and global channels such as group meetings (slides, slide notes, briefings, debrief), portal updates (stories, video, business results), emails, blogs, social networks, etc.
- Produce and/or review communications materials for ITOM GM/SVP, e.g.
- Customer and partner decks
- ITOM announcements
- External audience decks (external bodies/government relations)
- Media and analyst relations
- Creates and executes communication plans for the functions that align to company strategy, culture, and values. Equally adept at both strategic and tactical aspects of communication.
- Serves in a communication consulting and coaching role to the functions
- Takes a big-picture perspective, with the ability to link programs, activities, and communications in ways that support a cohesive employee experience and help shape the culture.
- Builds and fosters collaborative relationships with stakeholders across the organization to drive connection and coordination among the functions.
- Employee engagement – communicate the Voice of Workforce, Recognition @hp, and other business programs; understand, prioritize, and address audience needs.
- Work closely with partners in Employee Communications and Executive Communications to ensure consistent, ongoing, fresh messaging, while minimizing the content sourcing burden on the business.
Education and Experience Required:
- Business Analyst (BA) or Bachelor of Science (BS) in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration
- 10 years of experience in a broad communications consulting role
- Deep expertise in communications strategy and approaches
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Expertise in using digital and social media
- An ability to influence team members and stakeholders to enhance contributions and improve overall results.
- Passion for employee communications and the overall employee experience
- Effectiveness at working in a cross-functional, team-based environment with stakeholders and influencers across different levels and areas of responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to lead through influence
- Experience in managing change
- A desire to bring creativity, curiosity, and innovative thinking to everything they do
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top