Business Analyst (Entry Level/Graduate)
Business Analyst (Entry Level/Graduate)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don't just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for them. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
Works collaboratively with clients and stakeholders - both external and internal to the company - to research and elicit, analyze, validate and document business requirements, and to ensure that those requirements clearly reflect true business needs, correctly representing all stakeholders. Translates business needs into system/ application requirements and project components to help determine solutions to business problems. Assists team members in producing functional requirements for tool development. Proactively identifies and manages changes to requirements and identify risks for the company's clients. Effectively manages client's expectations. Applies industry and information technology expertise to support proposals, feasibility studies, implementations and new business development.
- Formulate and define system scope and objectives using knowledge of information technology and industry knowledge/ requirements.
- Act as a liaison between client and technical solutions/ support groups, using strong communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate business processes, systems, and solution requirements.
- Research, identify, and specify solutions to problems.
- Support and conduct visualization, user experience and configuration elements of solution design.
- Document requirements specifications using high-maturity methods, processes and tools.
- Support requirements management and change management processes.
- Support aspects of the business cycle, including proposals, feasibility studies, and implementations.
- Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
Education and Experience Required:
- Must have graduated within the last year, typically with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical, business related or equivalent degree program.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience or a Master's degree and up to two years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Essential: requirements determination using structured techniques for documentation, analysis, evaluation/ validation;
- decomposition of high- level information into details;
- abstracting low- level information;
- distinguishing requests vs needs;
- distinguishing requirements vs. solutions;
- classifying/ prioritizing requirements;
- requirements change management and traceability;
- identifying risks;
- applying creativity to solving complex problems;
- building relationships and working collaboratively;
- effective verbal/ written communication;
- experience in an industry domain.
Specialized: developing structured user manuals and training;
- business rules modeling;
- develop and executing acceptance test plans.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top