HPE Applications Services helps customers become an effective IT-enabled business by engaging the right people, processes and technologies. We provide strategy, transformation, implementation and management of custom, industry, packaged, and enterprise applications. Acting to Advise, Transform and Manage, we offer services embracing all of the leading Enterprise Applications solutions and assisting clients where they most need help. We offer services embracing IT and applications transformation, modernization, development, testing and management.
In this Business Analyst role you will apply developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommend appropriate alternatives. You will work on problems of diverse complexity and scope, and may act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. You should be able to exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution, and you should be able to handle most unique situation or seek leadership advice to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Under minimal direction, formulate and define system scope and objectives based on both user needs and a good understanding of information technology, business processes, and industry requirements.
- Act as a liaison between client and technical solutions/ support groups, using advanced communication skills to elicit, document, analyze and validate client requirements.
- Apply extensive knowledge of the client’s business and industry to develop requirements specifications.
- Document requirements, and translate into proper system requirements specifications using high-maturity methods, processes and tools.
- Develop visualization, user experience and configuration elements of solution design.
- Execute and coordinate requirements management and change management processes.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships to support management of scope and expectations.
- Participate in proposals, feasibility studies, implementations, and new business development.
- Operates as a team member and as a team leader. Advise on methods to improve business processes.
- Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
- May lead the training of clients and peers.
- May assign work to others.
- May provide time / resource estimates for assigned tasks or projects.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience and a minimum of 6 years related experience. Or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Preferred: IIBA CBAP™ (or equivalent) certification obtained.
- Preferred: Industry recognized certification.
Knowledge and Skills:
- 4 or more years’ experience.
- 4 years’ experience supporting MMIS projects and specialty subsystems such as BIAR, MAR, SUR, EPSDT, TPL, BPA, Member, etc.
- Healthcare domain experience preferred.
- Requirements elicitation via interviewing.
- Requirements determination using structured techniques for documentation, analysis, evaluation/ validation.
- Decomposition of high-level information into details.
- Ambiguity analysis, ensuring consistent understanding across users, designers and testers.
- Business process modeling of current state and desired/ future state processes.
- Detail oriented.
- Defining and managing scope and client expectations, requirements change management and traceability.
- Identifying and mitigating risks.
- Applying creativity to solving complex problems.
- Building relationships and working collaboratively.
- Effective verbal/ written communication.
- Experience in an industry domain, healthcare strongly preferred.
- Developing structured user manuals and training.
- Visualization modeling.
- Survey execution.
- Statistical analysis.
- Business rules modeling.
- Develop and executing acceptance test plans.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top