BURA Presales Solutions Architect
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
We’re solving the world’s most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you’ll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You’ll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you’ll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on “Converged Infrastructure”. The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
BURA PreSales Solution Architect
This team is typically assigned a geographic territory and an associated quota for that territory. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for all pre-sales technical activities for their territory, which could be national.
Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical;
- Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion)
- Identifies site-specific and corporate parameters and constraints that impact the solution
- Identifies required project steps
- Identifies likely problem areas that require attention
- Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs and evaluates relative HP strengths
- Architects an appropriate technical solution to meet the customer’s business requirements
- Investigates and optimizes a solution’s fit to the requirements of an opportunity, both current and future
- Adapts solution design to new requirements
- Establishes the validity of a solution and its components
- Identifies the growth path and scalability options of a solution and includes these in design activities
- Generates an implementation plan with timelines for the solution
- Creates the appropriate test plan as required
- Anticipates some of the potential challenges for the proposed project plan
- Anticipates and plans for competitive threats
- Actively identifies opportunities to assist peers Regionally in area of expertise (e.g., writing white-papers)
- Maintains excellent communications with customer executive management across the Region
- Represents HP as technical expert with customers; shares knowledge in area of expertise and links to related technology areas
- Advances opportunities through the use of effective consultative selling techniques
- Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor
- Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction
- Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution
- Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, presentations, and other customer communications
- Analyzes and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed
- Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via mentoring and contributing participation in peer education programs
- Understands the roles and affectively engages other teams and resources within HP and partners
- Identifies overlooked opportunities suggested by technical expertise
- Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams to the solution design
- Contributions have major impact across an HP Region and some BU’s, and solid impact on Regional HP business
- Analyzes and contributes to the presales direction for the Region or some areas of a BU
- Breadth of influence goes across multiple organizations within the Business and is sought, valued and used
- Provide product roadmaps presentations not delivered by Storage Sales Specialist
- Provide leadership in storage area for RFP responses
Education and Experience Required:
- 7 to 10 years experience in a technical pre-sales role.
- Windows, VMware system administration skills. Practical Linux or Unix systems administration skills a plus.
- Solid understanding of a subset of the following technical categories:
- Operating Systems (Windows Server & Linux Server)
- Server Virtualization Solutions (VMware, Citrix or Microsoft)
- X86 hardware (Servers, Blades)
- Storage Area Networks (iSCSI, Fiber Channel or NAS)
- Local Area Networking (TCP/IP, Switches, Routers)
- Applications like Microsoft Exchange, Sharepoint…
- Databases (Oracle & SQL)
- Back-up (HP, Veritas, Legato…)
- Business Continuity/High Availability
- Demonstrated Solution Sales skills.
- Very good communications skills (verbal and written).
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-starter
- Very good presentation skills.
- Proven ability to create presentations using PowerPoint and deliver using WebEx or similar delivery mechanism.
- Ability to travel up to 50 percent of the time
- B.S./B.A. degree or equivalent technical training.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top