Briefing Program Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE makes technology work for people – we succeed when we help our customers succeed. That is the essence of the HPE story. And our global marketing team uses the latest best practices and a measured balance of online and offline strategies to share that story with HPE’s external audiences. HPE marketers work closely with the business units to ensure that all external activities align with the company’s overall business strategy. We do this by bringing our talents to bear in all phases of marketing, including strategic planning, branding, advertising, events, product and retail support, social media, the web, and analytics – all on a global scale.
We will be launching a new/expanded Customer Engagement Center in Singapore next spring. HPE CECs are strategic sales assets that provide clients, partners, and account teams the opportunity to explore a customer’s strategic business initiatives and learn how HPE is uniquely positioned to deliver technology, solutions and business outcomes aligned to their industry and enterprise.
The role of a Briefing Program Manager is to design and deliver world-class experiences at the new Singapore Customer Engagement Center (CEC) that enhance customer and partner relationships, accelerate business growth and advance the HPE brand. This individual will work closely with account teams from across APJ to create customized briefings focused on client business outcomes, featuring HPE solutions and technology.
- Apply knowledge and expertise to design and manage customized customer engagements and briefings that focus on strategic accounts, small to large revenue deals, partners and relationship opportunities
- Exercise independent judgment to develop effective agendas and content based on the combined understanding of the customer’s desired business outcomes, sales objectives, account business plans, and knowledge of HPE products, solutions and strategies
- Apply knowledge to identify and understand customer business needs/opportunities/outcomes and address with HPE Solutions
- Exercise independent judgment to identify and secure appropriate discussion leaders for common and complex briefings
- Apply knowledge and understanding to lead pre-briefing calls with discussion leaders and account team to facilitate information exchange about the customer and to identify key messages for each speaker
- May partner with account teams to actively facilitate briefing discussions throughout the day of the briefing
- Apply knowledge to provide post-briefing analysis of insights and action items for follow-up after the briefing and communicate opportunities for improvement
- Conduct timely follow-up communications with the account teams to determine impact of briefings on sales success
- May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities, process improvements and facilitating information validation and team decision-making processes
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years marketing experience; Industry, sales, channel, technical and/or project management experience a plus
- Knowledge of relevant products/services/solution offering categories in a technology company
- Working knowledge of industry and customer segments, practices, tactics and tools
- Familiarity with and/or experience in sales and partner management
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent written/oral communications and analytical and negotiation skills
- Ability to interface effectively with multiples levels of management.
- Strong ability to influence and drive consensus
- Able to manage several complex engagements simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to manage virtual teams
- Some senior management, partner and/or customer interface; frequent cross-functional/cross-organizational interaction on execution of tactics
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top