Big Data Systems Architect
HewlettPackard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have ameaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE bringstogether a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure toserve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents.HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive businessvalue, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning doesnot only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerfulways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In additionto working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities tolearn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guidedby feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize yourknowledge.
EnterpriseGroup works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions.The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation andintegration of their technology. We are there for our customers – come join us!
HPE TechnologyServices Support R&D group, based in Galway, is looking for an experiencedSystems and Software Architect to play a critical role in the design and developmentof HPE’s support services. This role will cover the design of an open ecosystemof automated support services for all styles of technology environments andinfrastructure.
A highly autonomousrole, our ideal applicant will be both dynamic and an effective self-manager.The environment at HPE is both progressive and creative and we seek a readycontributor with an open-minded and engaging approach who can build strongfunctional relationships with colleagues and stakeholders. Great communicationskills, an ability to negotiate, influence and manage expectations and theconfidence to rise to the challenge posed by early stage development are thekeys to success in this role.
- Provide technologyvision and leadership within the team and across the wider organization, mainlyfocused around the design of mission-critical big data solutions
- Collaborate closelywith product owners and product management to influence decisions and direction
- Develop cleararchitectural roadmaps, blueprints, and designs in conjunction with the productand development teams – this is early stage development working on new orimmature designs and requires excellent problem solving, structure and solutiondelivery
- Provides guidance andmentoring to less-experienced staff members to set an example of softwaresystems design and development innovation and excellence
- Engage with seniortechnologists across the company to improve alignment, understanding andcollaboration
- Identify and evaluatenew technologies and innovations for alignment with technology roadmap andbusiness value
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE andSKILLS
- Designing, developing,testing and deploying large-scale mission critical software systems
- Extensive design and developmentexperience with real-world usage of big data technologies and solutions,data integration and ingestion, analytics and machine learning (e.g. Hadoop,Spark, Kafka, Elastic, etc)
- Design and developmentexperience in machine-to-machine and IoT-like solutions and platformsis highly desirable
- In depth and hands-onknowledge of software development and troubleshooting in areas such as Java,Linux, web services / technologies, distributed systems and networks
- Demonstrableexperience with DevOps / No-Ops, test-driven development, continuous builds /integration and automated deployments
- Familiar with Agiledevelopment (Scaled Agile Framework model is being used) and senior softwareengineer role
- History of innovation(for example: patents, published papers, or deployed solutions in the field of softwaredesign)
- Ability to communicateeffectively to senior management, peers and team members
- Demonstrated abilityto work and deliver in global, cross-functional, and virtual teams
- Must thrive in afast-paced, time-compressed and dynamic environment
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in software development,preferably early stage development
- Experience as senior designer / architect in softwaredevelopment
- Big data experience (Hadoop ecosystem)
- Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certification ispreferred
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top