Big Data Engineer
In Hewlett Packard Enterprise we create new possibilities for technology and services, offering solutions, which help businesses and individual clients in achieving their goals, making the most of its potential, fulfilling aspirations and dreams. We serve our clients in over 170 countries.
In Poland we are located in Warsaw, Wrocław, Łódź.
Application Services Global Delivery Poland located in Warsaw offers software development and maintenance services to Hewlett Packard Enterprise customers all over the world. Poland Center focuses on Data Warehousing/Business Intelligence, Web Solutions, SAP R/3 and SAP BW implementation, Application Management, Quality Assurance & Testing, Business and Systems Analysis. Most of GDAS Poland Center employees hold multiple certifications from Oracle, Sun, Microsoft, SAP, OBI, ISEB, ISTQB, ITIL, CMMI, PMP and Six Sigma.
Big Data Engineer
Job location: Warsaw
Successful candidate will be part of a growing Database & Big Data Delivery Team located in Poland, focusing on various DB and Big Data technologies, providing projects and services to international customers, clients and teams from UK, US, Germany, Philippines, India and other parts of the world. He/she will participate in end-to-end project implementations delivered in dynamic and young environment that encourages innovative solutions. We offer an opportunity to develop both in the technology and business areas.
- Consulting for Big Data technologies
- Provide support to projects developing new platforms & applications or changes to existing applications.
- Large scale deployments, automation and configuration management.
- Technology explorations, research & development, deep investigations & trouble-shooting.
- Provide consultancy for ongoing projects.
- BSc/ MSc degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
- Eagerness to learn and gain experience with the following platforms: Hadoop – Hortonworks, Cloudera, Mapr (HDFS, Hive, YARN, HBase, Spark, Flume etc), Vertica, MySQL, XtraDB, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and similar.
- Public cloud platforms – AWS and Azure
- Kerberos platform administration & integration (IPA, AD)
- Good Linux skills (as required for Hadoop/DB platform administration)
- Networking concepts understanding
- Backup/Recovery, Data Replication and Disaster Failover concepts and implementations.
- Strong English language skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills.
- Autonomous, strong ownership and drive to get things done.
- Eagerness to learn and adaptability to changes.
- Infrastructure automation & monitoring tools experience i.e. Chef, Ganglia, Nagios, Puppet, Zabbix.
- Scripting languages i.e. Ruby, Python, bash
- Certifications confirming gained skills (RDBMS OCP, HDPCA,CCAH, MapR Hadoop Administrator etc )
- Experience with other Big Data technologies, remain current with BI trends and standards.
Not only a stable job in well renown company but it also provides an attractive working environment where you can meet many new, inspiring people from all across the world. A place where you can develop yourself, work with experts, have some occasions to relax and have some fun as well as to enjoy many activities suitable for our Employees and their lifestyles . Below you will find information about what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation package, adjusted to candidate’s experience and qualifications.
- Full-time employment contract.
- Package of social benefits, including medical care, Multisport, German language classes, relax corner (XBOX games and other), sport communities, technical and soft skill trainings, life insurance and many others.
- Friendly atmosphere, independence and flexible working hours (e.g. possibility of working from home).
- Opportunity to be a part of fast-growing, innovative and high-performing organization within truly global and multicultural organization.
- Interesting and challenging projects, clear career progression path and professional trainings enabling personal development and growth.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top