BI Solution Architect
BI Solution Architect
We are currently looking for a Business Intelligence Solution Architect whose main objectives include transposing new business requirements received from Project Manager/Program Manager into relevant metrics & reports/applications according to the BRD specifications. The BI Solution Architect also develops customized complex solutions to link data, show in specific layouts, store, locate, and retrieve documents, data, and information using the appropriate infrastructure & tools. Furthermore he cooperates with all levels of Sales Operations and intensively with the Project Manager/Program Managers in the BI Organization to ensure state of the art reporting development at global and country/sub-regional level.
- Works in a team of other BI Solution Architects and BI Developers under the guidance of a reporting Project Manager/Program Manager; is expected to work well in this set-up to ensure excellent teamwork is maintained and also perform Development Coordination with the BI Developers;
- Ensures that customer deadlines are met and if these are not realistic informs the Project Manager/Program Manager upfront what the realistic deadlines are and agrees these with the Project Manager/Program Manager & customer.
- Ensures the quality of reports is excellent and that they are reliable and can be produced consistently.
- Provides support on the reports developed by timely responding to end-user requests.
- Performs as a report development specialist and is able to produce reports to meet customers' requirements, using appropriate technical solutions in the background.
- Design and develop complex, high quality, scalable and extendable reporting solutions. Develop customized solutions to link data, show in specific layouts, store, locate, and retrieve documents, data, and information.
- Analyze technologies, technical processes and/or functions, document findings, identify areas for improvement and create specifications and implement.
- Ensure that the solutions developed are documented and necessary knowledge is transferred toward the BI Operations operational owner who ensure the recurrent maintenance of those solutions.
- Ensure technical feasibility checks for new projects or report requests create a proposal and give potential timeframes for development activities.
- Setup Data Sources with SQl Server 2012 and Web services
- WCF consumer design and SOAP service designs
- JSON integration and Resource oriented Architecture
- Versioning of SOAP and REST endpoints
General Job Requirements:
- Educated to Bachelor degree level, preferably in the Computer Science or Economic field
- Strong, proven English language skills – both verbal and written
- Experience in report development within HPE or outside is a plus.
- Strong Microsoft SQL Server knowledge, expert level.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge.
- Experience in other development environments is a plus. (SharePoints, C#, .NET Framework, QlikView, ASP.NET, VB etc.)
- Ability to work both independently or in a team and to show initiative.
- Ability to work with management.
- Accountability for tasks assigned.
- Strong ability to synthesize and convey knowledge & information, as well as to facilitate learning and coach others in gaining specific competencies
- Strong analytic thinking
- Excellent communication skills (questioning, listening, presentation & negotiation skills)
- Strong ability to synthesize and convey knowledge & information, as well as to facilitate learning.
- Customer oriented – keep customer always in mind
- Goal Oriented
- Hardworking, honest, team player
- Good understanding of cultural difference
About Hewlett Packard Enterprise
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top