BI Project Manager - Expert
BI Project Manager - Expert
"Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
We're solving the world's most complex challenges, and our people are at the forefront of progress. In a Sales role at HPE, you'll play a part in building the future – one big idea at a time. You'll be selling HPE products, services, software, or solutions to customers, both directly and indirectly. Working at HPE, you'll have the resources to develop your talent and creativity. Are you ready to unleash your potential?"
- Responsible for establishing advanced subject matter expertise of HPs key systems, processes and data allowing them to lead global Business Intelligence, Reporting and Analytics projects & programs.
- Link between BI stakeholders and their information needs & requirements and priorities, business partners across multiple functional organizations to better understand the detailed tools, processes and data flow, IT organization hosting BI platforms and transactional systems and eventually our BI Developers and project team members.
- Drives BI & IT asset improvment and migration activities.
- Leads project teams throughout all phases of the Business Intelligence / Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
- Actively manages project / solution requirements, staffing and timelines with stakeholders and project team, plans, manages and keeps control over key project milestones, metrics and success factors (AGILE and traditional project mgmt).
- Acts as focal point and trusted BI & Reporting advisor for assigned stakeholder group in specific subject area(s); is fist escalation point for stakeholder teams.
- Responsible for stakeholder engagement across regional and functional teams to facilitate prioritization and (metric) definition discussions.
- Coordinates and participates in solution testing to guarantee high quality of BI solutions.
- Communicates BI roadmap, project status and issues and proposes / presents resolution and workaround options to senior mgmt.
- Ensures appropriate training of users, helpdesk & operations team at the end of each project / release.
- Runs project post mortem analysis to capture improvement ideas for future projects.
- Participates in organization-wide BI process improvement initiatives to fine tune our BI delivery approach and best practices.
- Supports regular analytical needs for our business stakeholders (ie. data mining, data analytics, etc.).
- Applies advanced project management and quality / process improvement methodologies to assure uniformity, standardization and repeatability of BI solutions
- Drives process consistency and efficiency, along with the different teams, to assure uniformity, standardization and repeatability of reports in a turnkey manner.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred.
- Typically 6-10 years of related experience in IT/business operations.
- Typically 5-8 years of project management experience.
- Quality improvement training required and certification a plus.
Knowledge and Skills:
- In-depth knowledge ofcompany operational processes, industry trends, and customer/partner requirements.
- In-depth understanding of core company businesses and the revenue cycle.
- Excellent communication skills (i.e. written, verbal, presentation), leadership, and influence skills. Mastery in English and local language as well as other languages as required.
- Strong business experience in multiple process areas with excellent project management and process development skills; ability to drive process improvements using industry standard quality improvements tools and concepts.
- Strong project management skills such as planning, execution and implementation.
- Solid financial and business acumen.
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top