Backend Platform developer
Backend Platform developer
Analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, or Internet- related computer programs, primarily for end users. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Leads multiple project teams of other software applications engineers and internal and outsourced development partners responsible for all stages of design and development for complex products and platforms, including solution design, analysis, coding, testing, and integration.
- Manages and expands relationships with internal and outsourced development partners on software applications design and development.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for compliance with applications design and development guidelines and standards; provides tangible feedback to improve product quality and mitigate failure risk.
- Provides domain-specific expertise and overall software applications leadership and perspective to cross-organization projects, programs, and activities.
- Drives innovation and integration of new technologies into projects and activities in the software applications design organization.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff members.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
- Typically 10+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Be well versed with Object Oriented paradigm.
- Have worked on Linux as development environment.
- Experience in working cloud technology
- Experience in working on Application layer
- Have worked on development of Management/Monitoring Systems i.e. NMS, EMS or other enterprise monitoring tools.
- Have Perl knowledge or any object oriented programming language (willing to code in Perl).
- Have thorough knowledge of RDBMS concepts.
- Well versed with networking concepts.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top