Avaya Service Specialist
As the Service Specialist for this account, you’ll be responsible for providing on-site Resident Engineer (RE) post-sales support of software and hardware systems, sub-systems and applications for our client, including interfacing with Designated On-Site Technicians (DTOS) and/or field personnel utilizing telephone and remote diagnostic capabilities.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Services aspires to be a strategic partner in helping our more than 1,000 business and government clients in 90 countries better serve their customers and citizens. We work to overcome their IT challenges, collaborating to make technology work for them, anytime and anywhere. To make it matter, so they can achieve more. With a dedication to quality and innovation, we deliver IT consulting, systems integration, and applications development. Enterprises can also outsource IT functions and management to us in areas like infrastructure and business processes. These efforts enable organizations to take the best advantage of cloud computing, information optimization and enhanced security measures to achieve their goals.
- Hands on experience with Avaya Aura® Unified Communications solutions.
- Strong troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical abilities including packet capture analysis.
- Strong direct Customer Relationship Management skills (on-site, face-to-face).
- Ability to work across different platforms.
- Supporting 24×7 Client.
- Responsible to Provide On-site Engineering-level maintenance and support for Unified Communications Products (e.g. Avaya Aura® Communications Manager, Session Manager, System Manager, adjuncts, etc.)
- Provides support to end-user installations, configurations, upgrades and migrations through all levels of problem solving and troubleshooting. May include supporting 3rd party products.
- Analyzes symptoms, logs and date required to resolve issues of low-to-high technical complexity. Deals with spectrum of routine through low-to-high complexity problems or issues.
- Proposes and monitors the implementation of solutions for customer reported incidents. Has limited independence and can identify additional resources when required.
- Determine and develop approaches to solutions usually following established practices and procedures.
- Troubleshooting: a) Diagnose, isolate faults, and repair incidents and/or order and provision spares when required, b) Follow-up on service restoration with root cause analysis of service disruption incidents c) assist with communication, consultation, coordination, escalation, and leadership to address major problems d) Open and close trouble tickets as needed.
- Exposure to supporting global customers, working in 24×7 environment, with expectation of some out-of-hours work.
- Primarily involved in Incident and Problem Management, Implementation & Critical Outages Support.
- Provides support to complex end user installations, configurations, upgrades and migrations through advanced problem solving and trouble shooting.
- Analyzes symptoms, logs, and data required to resolve issues of high complexity. Proposes and monitors the implementation of medium – complex solutions for customer reported incidents with multiple products
- Responsible to do upgrade planning/testing.
- Escalate with Tier 3, Technical Management, and R & D Teams for patch development for bugs & advance troubleshooting.
- Create Job Aids, Method of Procedures, and Advisories for L1, L2 & Customer Facing teams.
- Customer Management, represent Avaya in technical escalations
- BS Engineering in related field or equivalent with minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Certifications with Avaya solutions preferred; certifications like CCNP/CCNA a plus.
- Strong Communication, Problem solving, Troubleshooting & Analytical skills
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Unified Communications environment
- Demonstrate proficiency with product diagnostic tools, testing software applications, and test gear
- Must have knowledge of various network topologies, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, routing.
- ITIL model service delivery, understanding of SLA’s, Contract Penalties etc.
- Has complete understanding of the functionality and usage of multiple products or products in conjunction with associated products within the client network
- Superior customer service skills, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate leadership skills, flexibility, accountability, and teaming
- Have excellent knowledge in core product and be multi-disciplined in additional products
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top