Provides an independent appraisal of the company's financial, operational and control activities to company Audit Committee and Executive Council. Reviews and reports on the adequacy of internal controls, the accuracy of transactions, effective and efficient use of company assets, and the level of compliance with company policies and procedures, government laws and regulations. Reviews and provides recommendations for improving compliance of key internal processes with predefined standards. Provides assertion on mitigated risk (Financial, Operational, Reputational, Statutory and Strategic) for the organization(s) audited. Reviews with company management on mitigating inherent risks and assessing residual risk.
- Plans and supervises assigned audit activities.
- Facilitates an audit from start to finish, including creating and evaluating audit work programs.
- Assesses timing for audit planning.
- Guides audit analysts and specialists, and writes audit reports for management.
- Manages feedback on projects and conducts post-audit evaluation.
- Provides recommendations on leading practices to minimize risk or to comply with legal/financial reporting requirements.
- Stays abreast of leading practices in auditing procedures, accounting regulations, governmental regulations, and internal control procedures; looks for ways to implement new procedures.
Education and Experience Required:
- First-level university degree or equivalent experience; advanced university degree preferred; CPA or equivalent highly desirable.
- Typically 6+ years of related experience in finance, accounting or audit.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong systematic understanding of internal audit policies and operating principles.
- In-depth knowledge of company operational processes, industry trends, and customer/partner requirements.
- Strong risk assessment and scoping skills.
- Excellent communication, leadership, and influence skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Meets the licensing or certification requirements of the relevant country or region.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top