Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Attorney - HPE Financial Services
Acts as legal advisor to assigned internal clients or other company attorneys with respect to matters related to the area of specialty. Identifies legal risk and recommends solutions that help address the client's objectives. Represents company in transactions, interactions, or disputes with customers, suppliers, partners, and competitors. Balances the business interests of client groups with ultimate fiduciary responsibility to company. Represents the company before industry policy setting organizations, government agencies, and other regulatory bodies. Areas of law practiced may include intellectual property law, mergers and acquisitions, corporate securities law, litigation, employment, structured financial deals, US government contracting, outsourcing, environmental, employee benefits, or bankruptcy.
- Provides legal advice to support client decisions within a specific legal concentration.
- Develops risk profiles addressing complex specialty law.
- Refines and builds knowledge from a variety of resources, working towards becoming an expert within a specific legal concentration, and shares knowledge with other team members.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves complex legal issues within a specialty area.
Education and Experience Required:
- Advanced university degree in law (e.g. JD or LLB); additional advanced degree relevant to the specialty preferred.
- Meets local legal license requirements.
- Typically 4-6 years commercial legal experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Well developed level of business experience supporting clients or advising on specialty law matters.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Well-developed breadth of practical knowledge within a specific legal concentration, with demonstrated in- depth knowledge in one or more sub- areas within the specific legal concentration.
- Good knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Well-developed competence and experience in negotiating or advising on legal and business matters in the specialty.
- Able to translate complex legal or factual issues into plain language communications.
- English language skills to business standard preferred. Portuguese is a plus.
- Driven, dynamic individual.
Please submit your resume in English.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Senior Manager, Community Engagement
Rebecca is responsible for educating and inspiring HPE employees to become involved in the communities around them, then ensuring they’re each recognized for their contributions.
Back to top