Asset Manager - Secret Clearance
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
We are currently looking for an Asset Manager.
Identify the assets and timing in creating Hardware Refresh plans and Software Update plans. This is to make sure that the optimum value is achieved with each asset and software licensing is maintained accurately and can provide support for decisions such as frequency of hardware refresh, optimal operational life span of hardware, optimizing lease, maintenance, or warranty contracts; readiness to meet audit, regulatory, compliance, and contractual changes and organizational scalability
- Refresh and IMACD activities, work closely with the Refresh Team to make sure that assets being refreshed are accurately captured in the Asset Database and the older assets are removed in accordance with end-of-life policies and government regulations.•
- Follow ITIL aligned processes in coordination with the required client requirements to perform yearly 100% inventory
- Migrate the asset data to the new Remedy asset management module and provide ongoing monitoring and management of the hardware and software assets in the environment.
- Analyzing software agreements, licenses, and maintenance contracts including their expiration dates to determine the impact on clients license position
- Maintaining version/release currency to make sure that software is updated within 12 months of release date
- Facilitating Security Controls and Change Control Compliance including making sure that proper testing, approvals, distribution schedules, and authorities to operate are maintained
- Working with the user community on distribution schedules to delay updates should they interfere with partner interoperability or accelerate updates ahead of their approved installation dates
- Providing and managing the distribution of all software used, including maintaining individual and group restrictions/approvals.
- Installing and maintaining publisher-provided subscription or license management utilities or appliances
- Preparing, maintaining, and validating software-related Configuration Items
Education and Experience Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent; may hold 2 year post-high school Degree (technical field); may hold Bachelor’s degree.
May hold entry level certification(s) in field of work.
3-5 years experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
3-5 years experience in the field of asset management, ability to work closely with the Refresh Team to make sure that assets being refreshed are accurately captured in the Asset Databases.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top