Aruba Campus Competitive TME
Competitive Technical Marketing Engineer – Campus Switching
The Technical Marketing Engineer (TME) is an important part of the Aruba Networking team and will be a technical expert in Aruba’s campus disciplines taking a solution and architecture view. This role will focus on competitive positioning, comparison and evangelism in a highly dynamic team which delivers high-impact content to the Aruba switching business. The TME will develop subject matter expertise and operational excellence across the campus switching functional area. The TME will complete hands-on benchmarking and analysis of competitive products in support of sales & partner enablement, technology programs and marketing campaigns. The TME will become a technology evangelist for Aruba’s networking campus solutions, working closely with Aruba’s product line managers to create reference architectures, review feature definitions, identify issues, and work to enhance and improve Aruba’s products and solutions. The TME will be a subject matter expert on competitive switching at the technical level.
The most important deliverable for the role will be the translation of technical knowledge into tangible content which clearly expresses the Aruba’s technical value proposition and competitive advantages. Tthe TME will be responsible to deliver such content to customer and partner in the form of technical interactions, product presentations and demos that articulate the unique benefits of the Aruba switching portfolio. This content will include internal and external-facing collateral, application notes, test plans, best practices, and in-depth competitive analysis.
The TME will have close interaction with peers on adjacent groups across the organization such as Marketing, Product Management, R&D, and Sales Engineers (SE) to learn about product features, create technical material for field consumption and influence product roadmap. The TME will also participate in third-party product testing, deliver content for field training activities and assist with industry trade shows and events.
Education & Training
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent industry experience
- HPE Certified MASE levels or equivalent
- Cisco Certified CCNP/CCDP levels or equivalent
Experience & Achievements
- 2 years hands-on IT and networking experience (ideally in a customer or partner environment as a network operator)
- Working knowledge of LAN, WAN and wireless technologies
- Basic troubleshooting skills
- Pre-sales product support with basic network design and product placement
- Close collaboration with field sales, partners and customers
- Ability to actively participate and contribute in geographically diverse virtual teams
- Up to 25% travel required
- Support product launch activities and assist with tradeshows, conferences and technical pre-sales activities.
- Positive attitude and desire to have an impact
- Excellent oral communications skills
- Written and multimedia communication skills
- Interpersonal competences and presentation skills
- Professional appearance and behavior
- Efficient in time management
- Business awareness
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to meet deadlines
- Technical knowledge and competences
- IT knowledge and computer proficiency
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top