Applications Management Net Developer Expert
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services is one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries. We help our clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT. Through our seven interconnected practices, we advise, transform, and advance each enterprise, no matter where they are in their journey. We also bring the best of HPE together to deliver innovative solutions that matter to our clients. Leveraging HPE’s portfolio we offer end-to-end solutions for today’s IT environments.
For more than 50 years, we have built a strong reputation of industry expertise and delivering the best client experience in the industry. Our clients rely on HPE Enterprise Services as a partner they can trust to deliver mission-critical services and value to their enterprise.
Undertakes the service management activities and minor enhancement involved in the ongoing delivery of Application Management. Provides application lifecycle technical expertise for the support, monitoring, troubleshooting, change and enhancement of packaged (e.g. SAP, Oracle) or custom applications (e.g. Java, .NET and Mainframe) in accordance with contractual terms and conditions and established technical standards such as CMMI-SCC and ISO. Provides technical input, and delivery model solutions/recommendations to Application Management Services deal pursuit. Engages in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Undertakes the full range of Service Management functions required to ensure service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards and committed service levels on an on-going basis following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards, such as ISO, and best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL). Manages the technical/service relationships: between the company and the customer, between the company and subcontractors/vendors, or among various company internal organizations. Works with the key customers, and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (e.g., Account Executive and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. Application Management employees are supported by Service Desk function when they work directly with application end-users on application incidents. Provides input to and/or manages service improvement programs regarding customer satisfaction and service delivery.
Applies advanced subject matter knowledge to complex business issues, and is regarded as a subject matter expert. Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods. Works on complex problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors. Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives. Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. May provide mentoring and guidance to lower level employees. Acts as an expert providing direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies. Frequently represents the organization to external customers/clients.
- Technical Knowledge: Apply deep and broad technical background and knowledge of industry trends to operate several critical or high risk technology areas. Integrate technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers. Mentor/consult with team members, other organizations, customers, and vendors on complex issues.
- Incident Management: Resolve technical and some business incidents independently – coordinating multiple delivery organizations and other company groups.
- Escalation Management: identify, manage, and lead escalations via established processes.
- Problem Management: Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent complex problems from occurring across teams/technologies.
- Change Management: Independently review and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer needs. Lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board or Technical Advisory Board.
- Configuration Management: Oversee configuration management processes, resolve issues, and design configuration management solutions.
- Solution Design: Apply company solutions or, when justified by business needs, create solutions to meet highly complex customer needs. Provide feedback to create new company solution sets. The solutions include new service delivery models and quality management frameworks for new service/customers.
- Quality: May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
- Project Management: Participate, propose, and/or lead complex customer and internal projects, including transformation, across technology/ customers and/or internal businesses/end user’s areas. Provide review/advice to projects inside/outside responsibility areas.
- Customer Relationship Management: Influence with businesses/end users on a broad range of technical and operational topics. Becoming a trusted advisor to the customers and/or internal businesses/end users. Develop and deliver training to groups of end users and client managers on additional capabilities in existing apps or new apps. Work with customer user base to maximize the use of applications to solve business problems. Develop and grow assigned customers and/or internal businesses/end users account relationships.
- Teamwork: Lead or work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multifunctional, and addressing complex issues. Trusted advisor inside technology/operational policies/standards area and recognized outside team/technology/operational policies/standards area.
- Contract Knowledge:
Provides guidance to others to meet contract obligations. Provides sales support, evaluates proposal risks.
- Mentor less-experienced team members on all areas of Applications Management work.
- Capacity and Performance – Produces a capacity design and plan discussing the ability of the IT infrastructure to meet the performance and capacity requirements of the business. Evaluates the impact of proposed changes on the capacity design and plan.
- Business Continuity – Coordinate all recovery procedures. Train members of recovery team organization. Coordinate and lead all team exercises to rehearse business contingency plans. Facilitate all recovery processes. Define and develop business Continuity Plans. Contract for services.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Service Management, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 8 years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- (Expert) in one or more applications technology areas
- ITIL Intermediate Certifications
- Strong knowledge of ISO20000
- (strong) understanding of related applications technologies
- (strong) Customer Service
- General Project Management
- Influencing Others
- Customer/Vendor Management
- Business Analysis
- General Financial Management
- Strong client-facing interpersonal skills. Able to lead Applications Management delivery
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top