Application Support, Maintenance and Development - SQL
- An Applications Maintenance and Support Engineer specialising in SQL. The role will focus on the support of existing enterprise level applications through the processing help call in accordance to strict ITIL based support processes.
The support role will require you to manage, investigate and resolve customer help calls within agreed service levels by use of the most appropriate and effective mechanism such as application usage, data patching or maintenance release.
Day to day responsibilities
- To provide third line support of the applications within the agreed service levels ensuring help calls are processed in a timely and professional manner.
- Own and resolve complex incidents.
- Perform third level application support of bespoke systems.
- Act as technical escalation point for incidents that fall outside of known fixes/issues.
- Assist and mentor engineers in validating customer’s requirements
- Share knowledge and skills with other team members and HPE support teams.
- Experience in working in an applications support environment with direct customer interaction and management.
- Detailed experience of SQL Server development and XML.
- Experienced in implementing Data Changes of varying ranges of complexity with a good understanding of complex data structures.
- Knowledge of SQL data structure design, development and data change processes.
- Good understanding of ITIL processes for incident, problem, change and release management.
- A self-motivated individual who can work either in a team, or individually with limited direction.
- Ability to articulate help call problems and estimate effort and best mechanism for call resolution.
- Ability to apply experience and best practice to incidents, problems and changes.
- Experience and proven track record in picking up new skills in applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good knowledge of application maintenance and support processes
- Good understanding of relational databases and basic application database administration.
- Good understanding of application configuration management principles.
- Client Management
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification.
- Understanding of testing tools and unit test scripting and testing methodologies.
- Understanding of network technologies.
- Experience in working in project development environment with direct customer interaction and management.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top