Application Support, Maintenance and Development - CITRIX
- An Applications Maintenance and Support Engineer providing the highest quality of customer service processing help call in accordance to strict ITIL based support processes. Support multiple enterprise level applications developed in a variety of technologies.
Manage, investigate and resolve customer help calls through application usage, data patching or application update via regular maintenance releases.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- To provide third line support of bespoke applications within the agreed service levels ensuring help calls are processed in a timely and professional manner.
- Own and resolve complex incidents.
- Perform third level application support of bespoke systems.
- Act as technical escalation point for incidents that fall outside of known fixes/issues.
- Assist and mentor engineers in validating customer’s requirements
- Share knowledge and skills with other team members and HPE support teams.
- Experience in working in an applications support environment with direct customer interaction and management.
- Good understanding of ITIL processes for incident, problem, change and release management
- Highly skilled problem solving ability.
- A self-motivated individual who can work either in a team, or individually with limited direction.
- Ability to articulate help call problems and estimate effort and best mechanism for call resolution.
- Ability to apply experience and best practice to incidents, problems and changes.
- Experience and proven track record in picking up new skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good knowledge of application maintenance and support processes
- Good understanding of relational databases and basic application database administration
- Good understanding of application configuration management principles
- Customer Management.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification.
- Experience of additional development tools used – namely VB.NET, C , ILOG, VBA, VB6, Business Object Data Server, Business Object Reports, Universe and EXCELCIUS.
- Understanding of testing tools and unit test scripting and testing methodologies.
- Understanding of network technologies.
- Experience in working in project development environment with direct customer interaction and management.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top