Application Support, Maintenance and Development - Business Objects
- An Applications Maintenance and Support Engineer specializing in Business Objects. The role will primarily focus on the support of an existing business objects environments through the processing help calls in accordance to strict ITIL based support processes. The role will also include some small change enhancement work in response to customer requests.
The support role will require you to manage, investigate and resolve customer help calls within agreed service levels by use of the most appropriate and effective mechanism such as changing an applications configuration, data patching or maintenance release
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide third line support of the live Business Object Environment within the agreed service levels ensuring help calls are processed in a timely and professional manner.
- Own and resolve complex incidents.
- Develop and implement Business Object fixes, upgrades and enhancements.
- Share knowledge and skills with other team members and HPE support teams.
- Ability to manage enhancements by:
- Writing design and test specifications
- Error resolution
- Unit testing
- Task estimation
- Experience in working in an applications support environment with direct customer interaction and management.
- Experienced in Business Object Data Server, Business Object Reports, Universe and EXCELCIUS.
- Experience of SQL Scripting and implementing Data Changes of varying ranges of complexity with a good understanding of complex data structures.
- Knowledge of SQL data structure design, development and data change processes.
- Good understanding of ITIL processes for incident, problem, change and release management.
- A self-motivated individual who can work either in a team, or individually with limited direction.
- Ability to articulate help call problems and estimate effort and best mechanism for call resolution.
- Ability to articulate solutions for small changes and estimate effort for delivery.
- Ability to apply experience and best practice to incidents, problems and changes.
- Experience and proven track record in picking up new skills in applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A good knowledge of application maintenance and support processes
- Good understanding of relational databases and basic application database administration.
- Good understanding of application configuration management principles.
- A good knowledge of software design, development and delivery processes.
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification
- Understanding of testing tools and unit test scripting and testing methodologies
- Understanding of network technologies
- Experience in working in project development environment
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top