Application Support Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Services Information Technology Outsourcing (ITO) has a comprehensive Infrastructure Services portfolio that produces better business outcomes for our clients by reducing costs, enabling growth and managing risk. HPE ES ITO combines years of innovative technology and research with a broad portfolio and global reach to deliver superior value to our clients.
Role & Responsibility:
- Responding to incidents logged by user.
- Performing 2nd level analysis, troubleshooting and resolution on the incident ticket.
- Escalation and follow-up with 3rd level support team for incident(s) that requires escalation.
- Maintaining good record of 2nd level support activities (providing timely updates to the ticketing system)
- Communicating with end user on incident/request status on a timely manner.
- Provide support/guidance to end user for User Acceptance testing
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience. May have Master’s degree in related field. Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field. May hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field. Typically 2 years of relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 2 to 3 years of working experience in telecommunication industry, preferably in the Data & Network Analysis applications
- Conversant in ITIL
- Familiar with Linux OS command (SUSE Linux)
- Knowledge on bash scripting
- Familiar with basic networking knowledge
- Familiar with telecommunication/network domain
- Familiar with any Service Management ticketing system (Remedy/HPSM is a bonus)
- Familiar with Wireshark and network’s pcap file
- Experience in Data & Network Analysis application – specialization in Zhilabs’s Flowsight
We offer extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top