Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Enterprise Services (HPE ES) is a leading global technology services provider delivering out sourcing services and business solutions to clients around the world. HPE ES founded the information technology outsourcing industry nearly a half-century ago and today delivers one of the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services available on the market today.
As an application specialist you will contribute to diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve customer’s core software solution in a production environment. You will be a member of the team responsible for ensuring business continuity by ensuring that all the application components provide top functionality and perform accordingly to meet business needs and beyond customer’s expectations.
The application specialist is a client facing role, therefore, great communication skills are required to deal with the client under stressing circumstances.
Researches, designs, develops, configures, integrates, tests and maintains existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements. Applications solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, coding of modifications or new program, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications and information systems including database management systems. Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Provides required documentation and participates in architecture reviews to ensure that the solutions comply with standards and use approved technologies.
The preferred candidate will develop a comprehension of the existing Systems including modules, interfaces, reports, etc. to provide ongoing operational support and minor developments to these systems. The candidate must possess strong problem resolution skills to perform root cause analysis resolving coding and data issues. The candidate will have strong written and oral communication skills in both Spanish and English to perform knowledge transfer to the support team in Mexico.
- Applies subject matter knowledge to complex business issues and is regarded as a business matter expert.
- Frequently contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Works on problems/projects where analysis of situations or data requires and in-depth evaluation of multiple factors.
- Exercises significant independent judgment within broadly defined policies and practices to determine best method for accomplishing work and achieving objectives.
- Frequently represents the organization to external customers.
- Strong Problem Tracking and Reporting skills
- A technical Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced understanding of modern software development and testing methodologies
- Advanced understanding of modern software development tools and Unit testing.
Skills in one of the following bullets:
- 3-5 years development in one of the following skills – C#, ASP.net, databases like Sybase, Oracle, etc.
- Experience with Unix an asset.
24×7 Shift Work – Monthly Rotation
8 hour shifts
07:00 – 15:00
15:00 – 23:00
23:00 – 07:00
Some travel to client location may be required.
Top 3 Skills
1. .Net (Visual Basic, C#, ASP.Net)
2. SQL Server, Sybase, MySQL or similar
3. Language: English. Spanish or French is desirable
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
Please note the above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not a complete list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
In order to satisfy our contractual obligations with clients, the successful candidate will be required to pass a basic, standard Criminal Records check. You will also be required to sign off on HPE’s Confidentiality, Non-Solicitation and Conflict of Interest Agreement.
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome the many dimensions of diversity.
Accommodation of special needs for qualified candidates may be considered within the framework of the HPE Accommodation Policy.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top