APJ Storage Technology Consultant
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Our Enterprise Group (EG) combines the portfolio of Enterprise Server, Storage, Networking and Technology Services to solve the complexities of the extended enterprise and deliver advanced solutions and services to our global, commercial and public sector and SMB customers throughout the regions.
In order to drive this continued success through our talented workforce, we have an exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Technology Consulting SME (Subject Matter Expert) to sell Consulting Services centered on Backup, Recovery and Archiving (BURA) infrastructure and software solutions in the Technology Services Consulting organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- As a part of Asia Pacific & Japan (APJ) Storage Consulting regional team, having overall responsibility in driving BURA Services business.
- Owner of BURA regional business plan – push down for country to customize/ localize, adopt, align and execution.
- Market share and competitive analytics to support business plans.
- Demand Generation for BURA with Pull through of HPE hardware, software and services.
- Business development activities & BURA Champion, providing enablement and support to key stakeholders within HPE.
- Enablement and advocate to drive the adoption of BURA solutions to increase HPE sales participation rates and revenue growth.
- Produces strategies to assist Technology consulting in becoming leader in the market place for storage and BURA solution.
- Providing deeper skill set and Subject Matter Expert support in BURA engagement as required by country consulting pursuit and account sales team.
- Provides the technical direction, play the role of Principal Consultant to develop enterprise technology solutions focuses on BURA and BCP/DR.
- Provides advanced expert guidance and advice to proposal efforts, solution design to support APJ countries for enterprise solution architecture for Enterprise Backup & Archiving Requirements.
- Responsible to manage internal and external ecosystem to drive BURA business.
- Actively participates in company professions program and Practice Improvement activities, models knowledge sharing.
- Customer and Partner C-Level engagement capable.
Education and Experience Required:
- University or Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- 12 years of professional experience in Enterprise Storage industry.
- 6 years and above experience in Presales/Solution Architect or Business Development in selling BURA solution.
- 3 year and above regional working experience.
- An awareness of the BURA market landscape ie. market share and competitive analytics.
- Proven collaborator and effective communicator to a wide range of audiences
- Goal driven individual with structured approach.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Knowledgeable in competitive solutions knowledge, deep understanding in both backup software and hardware and able to integrate it as a solution.
- Extensive level of industry acumen; keeps current with trends and able to converse with client on issues and challenges.
- Demonstrate ability to work as the lead for large complex projects.
- Good understanding of the HPE product roadmaps for Storage and deep knowledge in area of BURA specialization.
- Evangelist solution selling capacity, appropriately tailor communications to varying levels of customer management, and internal audience.
- Leverage strong understanding of the competition – both positioning strategy and technology – to create competitive advantage for HPE BURA solution.
- Ability to develop solutions that are innovative and demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of the affected products, processes, and the customer environment. Breadth of knowledge covers additional business units, third parties, competitors, and business drivers.
- Recognized as an advanced subject matter expert of Information Technology (IT) products, with focusing on SAN, data protection, and BCPDR space, applied technologies and processes, combining vendor inter-operability knowledge pertaining to complex IT infrastructures. May define interoperability issues between vendors’ products. Is a recognized expert in one or more technologies across a region.
- Hold a vendor or industry certification in more than one discipline area related to BURA, regularly represents company services at industry recognized technical events.
- Demonstrate strong communications skills with executive managers, as well as some C-level executives.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top