APJ Revenue Recognition Analyst
Hewlett Packard Enterprise creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. HPE brings together a portfolio that spans software, services and IT infrastructure to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries on six continents. HPE invents, engineers, and delivers technology solutions that drive business value, create social value, and improve the lives of our clients.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
As Revenue Recognition Analyst, you will be a trusted business advisor supporting Hewlett Packard Enterprise’s hardware and software businesses in the Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) region. Providing leadership, development and consistent application of USGAAP revenue recognition rules and policies, you will assist in assessing, analysing and documenting accounting guidance for HPE’s revenue generating activities on a global basis. You will have a good appreciation of USGAAP accounting policy (SAB 101/104, EITF 00-21, SOP 97-2 , SOP 81-1, SOP 09-3) and working knowledge of IFRS will be considered an added advantage. You will be expected to ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and drive efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
You will be responsible in :
- Ensuring compliance to HPE accounting rules and policy
- Driving revenue optimisation for the business, quota planning, revenue recognition compliance and reporting
- Consulting with business leaders to guide and influence strategic decision-making within a broad scope
- Support local General Manager to achieve revenue and product mix target
- Assist in the development and execution of global VSOE/FV efforts
- Assist the business in negotiation of large deals and provide real time consultation on revenue recognition related matters.
- Writing accounting memos/whitepapers on revenue treatment for large complex transactions and emerging /new business models.
- Working with country controllership, BU finance and internal/external auditors on acceptance of the revenue dispositions
- Provide revenue recognitions training to sales, sales operations, business finance, legal, product marketing etc
- Provide strategic initiatives and other ad hoc projects to the company in the area of revenue assurance
- Self-Audit Testing, Training and WW projects
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement , policy development and design
- Provide mentoring and guidance to junior analysts.
- Ability to influence multiple organizations within a broad scope, typically interacting with RBU Controllers, Finance directors and Vice President (VP)s
- Support the convergence from USGAAP to new accounting standards (IFRS)
Education and Experience Required:
- First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
- Typically 7 years of experience as a financial analyst
- Typically experienced in more than one finance function
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- Superior teamwork skills
- Strong business acumen
- Project management skills
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top