APJ Design Lead - Data Center Facilities Consulting
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we don’t just believe in the power of technology, we believe in the power of people when technology works for you. We believe in applying new thinking and ideas to improve the way our customers live and work.
HPE Data Center Facilities Services (DCF) provides strategic consulting, design, turnkey and operational assurance expertise to create new data center facilities and upgrade existing data centers for our enterprise and service provider customers. HPE DCF has designed more than 65 million square feet of data centers worldwide. The Asia Pacific Japan (APJ) DCF business is currently seeking an experienced Design Lead to join their team to lead the design practice.
- Providing technical design solutions for enterprise and service providers
- Act as the Principal Consultant and Design Lead to coordinate the development of multi-discipline solutions
- Provides the technical direction required to resolve complex solution and issues to ensure the on-time delivery of solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Provides advanced technical consulting and advice and inputs to proposal efforts, solution design during pre-sales and pursuit phases.
- Provides consulting advice and set strategic direction for customers based on the company’s solutions and industry best practices and current trends
- Works with peers outside immediate organization to define and characterize complex technology or process problems and/or develops new solutions, yet works independently to drive technical problems to a solution.
- Actively participates in company programs and practice improvement activities to share knowledge, industry best practices and act as a mentor to developing design engineers
- Develop re-usable solutions and standardization of deliverables associated with design
- Ensure local countries adopt agreed and best practice design processes and procedures during the pursuit and delivery phases and monitor
- Lead QA/QC process and procedures to ensure that design solutions and proposals are high quality with clear differentiators, value propositions, compliant and protect HPE commercially.
- Provide direction and guidance to process improvements and establishing policies.
- Contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Build and maintain relationships with Alliance Partners and other Consultants in the industry to enhance business planning, strategy and solution development
- Build & reinforces customer’s perception of the company as a credible partner and Industry leader in the Data Center Facilities
- Demonstrate thought leadership and evangelism of DC Facilities solutions
- Consultatively positions the company in deals to influence and shape deal towards the company’s strengths
- Develop detailed project plans and resources required to deliver design solutions from initial feasibility through to completion.
Education and Experience Required:
- 15 years of professional experience and a Mechanical Engineering degree
- 8 years in the specific area of Mission Critical / Data Center Facilities Services business and a demonstrable understanding of all building services associated with Data Centers within the APJ Region
- Sales and Business Development experience desirable and solid understanding of the markets and engineering practices in the APJ region
- Data Center Facilities certified – Uptime Institute certification an advantage
- Experience with the actual delivery / implementation of projects and working in a large corporation and understanding governance protocols desirable
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead the design process for mission critical / data center facilities across multiple countries in the APJ region.
- Develops solutions that are innovative, energy efficient and demonstrate a deep technical knowledge of mechanical services
- Recognized as an advanced subject matter expert in Mechanical Engineering and a solid understanding of all aspects associated with Data Center Facilities design, implementation, commissioning & operations.
- Holds certification / industry accreditation in more than one area. Regularly represents company services at industry recognized technical events.
- Has performed troubleshooting across a number of significant projects and solutions in the APJ region.
- Has demonstrated innovation and ability to communicate offerings across multiple business units and different enterprise customer environments and service providers
- Has led a design teams in the delivery of multiple solutions across multiple technologies.
- Ability to operate and present at all levels from CXO to working team levels, and in public forums, facilitate business discussions, and controls and leads those discussions.
- Demonstrates ability to represent the whole Data Center Facilities practice within a customer sales presentation, conveying the benefits of working with the business and the broader Consulting business
- Lead production of proposals, working across departments, for complex customer solutions. Able to lead, coach and mentor others in design management and mechanical engineering
- Demonstrates ability to develop and win new opportunities through application of consulting skills. Maintains and develops client engagements which are strategic.
- Ability to develop detailed project plans to manage the design process
- Leverages market research and local market intelligence to develop most effective solutions for Customers
- Works with local sales & pursuit leads to drive business growth in revenue, order and profit in existing/ new markets and accounts.
- Strategize plans to grow in new accounts, expand market share and retain existing key accounts
- Abilities to work with Countries in the APJ (Asia Pacific Japan) region and COE (Center of Excellence) team to help local pursuit leads for solution design, optimization, quality assurance and delivery.
- Develops and champions the business justification for service solutions i.e. Data Center Facilities Strategy, Design, Implementation, Assurance, Energy, Modular Data Center, Prefabricated Data Center and Data Center Infrastructure Management solutions.
- Educates account team about the company service solutions and lead country teams on best practices for the Data Center Facilities Portfolio – Strategy, Design, Implementation, Assurance, Energy, Modular Data Center, Prefabricated Data Center and Data Center Infrastructure Management solutions.
- Help Sales to position the value of the service solution program and position HPE early during the development of the opportunity.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top