- Identify performance issues proactively.
- Provides support for nonstandard or specialized systems including proactive and reactive troubleshooting. Works within strict time scales and elevates incidents within defined time windows.
- Uses proactive monitoring procedures/tools to identify problem prevention opportunities.
- Apply technical knowledge to eliminate recurring incidents.
- Configure system hardware, software and network components to meet established standards with assistance.
- Perform installations, configurations including security and patch deployment.
- Elevate discrepancies within Configuration Management Database (CMDB) to ensure customer system integrity.
- Perform routine maintenance. May include performing tape/backup operations.
- Understands the impact of operations delivery on the customer’s business. Manage team’s ability to meet target goals through coordination of continuous service improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to project management initiatives.
- Provide subject matter expertise. Manage escalations off core business hours.
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by clarifying customer needs and ensuring that they are met.
- Work effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Participate in customer visits and service reviews.
- Respond to service, product, technical, and customer-relations questions.
- Lead a small team focusing on both cost and quality management.
Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; may hold 2 year post-high school Degree (technical field); may hold Bachelor’s degree.
- May hold entry level or intermediate level certification(s) in field of work.
- Typically, 6 years of working experience in related fields.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to demonstrate broad knowledge of corporate policies, products/service portfolio, markets and processes.
- Thorough knowledge of administration or technical practices in relevant areas, plus application of basic theory.
- Able to apply advanced knowledge to assist in the operation of several aspects of a technology area/customer group.
- Ability to resolve or assist in the resolution of complex customer problems.
- Able to maximize systems availability in standardized customer environments.
- Able to apply basic management skills in planning, problem solving, solution innovation, analysis.
- Able to demonstrate good oral, written, and telephone communication skills.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and support partners.
- Able to provide some proactive account understanding of the Customer’s system environment and associated business needs.
- Ability to work in a team environment, which may be local, global, virtual, or multifunctional.
- Demonstrate good teamwork with peers.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top