AIX and/or Solaris Unix Engineer
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
HPE Enterprise Services is the global business and information technology services division of HPE. As one of the world’s leading services organizations, serving more than 400 of the Fortune 500 companies and more than 1,000 businesses and government agencies in 135 countries, we help clients focus their IT investments to better engage with their customers, manage risk, tackle the explosion of data, and transition to a new style of IT.
As one of our most senior technical experts you will combine your extensive technical knowledge with your operational knowledge to manage some of the most advanced technical solutions provided by HPE and other market leading vendors.
- Manage in-depth server audits and assessments to proactively identify risks in customers infrastructure, maintain and improve availability, performance and security
- Drive resolution and root cause analysis of the most business critical and complex incidents and involvement in multiplatform technical emergency response team
- Provide technical expertise in UNIX/Linux based enterprise solutions to internal and external parties
Who are we looking for?
- An expert with minimum 3 years of experience with configuration and administration of enterprise Linux distributions
- Extensive experience with AIX or Solaris
- Experience in performance optimization and capacity management
- Excellent knowledge of LVM and file systems (ext3, ext4, NFS, etc.)
- Experience with any of the following: ZFS, UFS, XFS, VxFS, JFS
- Experience with high-availability / cluster solutions like: IBM PowerHA (HACMP), Oracle Solaris Cluster, Veritas Cluster, etc.
- Scripting skills with any of the following languages (Ksh, Bash, Perl, Python)
- Experience with the following will be considered as advantage: virtualization concepts and technologies (XEN, KVM, Oracle VM, Solaris zones, LPAR/VPAR, HP-UX IVM, etc.), server hardware specifics and troubleshooting, storage and networking, backup and database environments, system security administration, ITIL
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Management or relevant experience
- Very good English language skills
We offer a challenging role including:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Opportunity to work with the cutting-edge technologies and products in state of the art enterprise environments, providing services to variety of world-wide customers’ infrastructure
- Opportunity to develop and grow in your career as a Subject Matter Expert in the Unix/Linux field
- Various opportunities of training and certification in enterprise grade technologies
- Use and evaluate the most advanced tools, technologies and product design solutions that support enterprise-wide architectures
Thanks for taking the time to review our job, if you think it is a match to your experience and interests please apply today— we are eager to learn more about you! If you know a friend who may be a fit for the job please refer them.
This is to inform you that Hewlett Packard GDBC EOOD (HPE) is registered as an administrator of personal data to the Commission for Data Protection. Some of the information that you provide voluntarily is personal information and falls under the special protection regime under the Law on Personal Data Protection. The personal data provided by you will be processed for the purposes of the selection process as well as for the realization of the legitimate interests of the data controller in respect of any future contract of employment. HPE takes the responsibility to handle, use and store your personal data, ensuring its protection in secret from the third parties. We inform you and you agree that HPE may provide your personal data to government, municipal institutions, banks, companies, corporate bodies and individuals, where such obligation exists under a special legal provision, where it is necessary for realization of your rights and legal interests as a participant in the selection process, and when it is necessary to realize the legitimate rights and interests of HPE. HPE can provide your personal information to corporate bodies and individuals who are assigned to actions and activities relating to the selection process and in respect of any future contract of employment.Месторабота:София
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top