- Establishes proactively strong professional relationships and credibility with key IT and business executives in the corporate account.
- Focuses on senior business management challenges and strategies and is periodically called upon by client IT executives for advice and counsel.
- Acts as business partner to account and “extension” of the customer’s IT management team.
- Demonstrates breadth and depth of knowledge to position and map company capabilities that align to client business objectives and initiatives.
- Maintains high-level of customer loyalty and builds trust and integrity, as indicated in the company conducted surveys and reports.
- Leverages existing engagements to spawn new business with opportunities that result in on-going profitable revenue growth for the company.
- Leverages full company portfolio to add significant value to customer´s business, continuously improve account profitability for the company and expand company´s share of wallet of the customer spent
- Actively engages the Executive Sponsor and other senior company executives to build strategic relationships with the customer which ensure long-term business opportunities for the company
- Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipeline activities to advance, invest in or divest of opportunities; focuses on generating new and break-through initiatives.
- Nurtures and closes new company solutions opportunities that result in substantial incremental orders, revenue and margins to the company, representing the entire company portfolio of products and services.
- Builds long-term growth opportunities (three years or more) using the Account Business Planning (ABP) process; actively manages the ABP through scheduled reviews and updates
- Gains business buy-in for the account business opportunities and has a solid understanding of the business case from the company internal stakeholders in the GBU’s and the countries/regions
- Provides the business rationale and risk assessment for making company investments in the account
- Meets quarterly and annual sales goals, and coaches company resources to meet and exceed targets
Account Team Management
- Orchestrates the resources and sponsorship essential for executing business effectively on a global scale. Engages company sales specialists, channel and alliance partners to fully leverage the portfolio of company solutions; optimizes deployment of specialists and partners, instills a sense of opportunity ownership to drive deal closure, and maintains ongoing dialogue with pursuit leads to maximize client value.
- Coaches account team members to optimize performance and to enable broader and deeper client engagement.
- Coordinates all company activities in the account, e.g. sales activity, marketing programs, executive forums, delivery of on-going engagements and RAP surveys; develops a communication plan and employs effective processes for keeping direct and virtual team members updated.
- Coordinates multiple WW BU delivery organizations to support client engagement and service in the account.
- Actively engages the Executive Sponsor and selectively leverages other senior company executives to build strategic relationship which favorably position long-term business opportunities for the company and are complimentary to overall account activities.
- Drives integrated planning and coordinated sales execution effectively.
- Identifies and grows key performers and develops a succession plan.
- Assesses and manages employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence; manages performance and results of high and low performers
- Motivates and supports sales teams in selling; counsels and supports individuals through selling challenges; demonstrates a high level of motivation and entrepreneurial ability in supporting the pursuit and closing of deals.
- Nurtures and advances the talent required to maintain the company sales force excellence within area of control; sponsors and directs skill building activities to increase the productivity and accomplishments of the sales force.
Scope and Impact
- Typically qualifies large complex, global deals that span multiple functions/solution sets.
- Works with all levels of decision-makers in the client organization including the CEO.
- Account size: > $50M EB with a total addressable market of >$100M in more than one country
- Sales Motion: Strategic Supplier as a minimum
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA desired
- 10-12 years account management experience
- Experience in IT industry and in vertical industry preferred
- Experience in leading global teams
- P&L and risk management skills and experience required
Knowledge and Skills:
Strategic Business Partner
- Analyze the client’s IT spending and develop strategies to assist clients to optimize their IT investment.
- Develop and recommend strategies to simplify IT operations.
- Understanding of client’s IT infrastructure, governance and architectural approach.
- Maintain an awareness of sourcing options to optimize client IT capabilities.
- Understands how the client’s IT operation is managed and budgeted, and how key initiatives are funded.
- Knows the strengths and weaknesses of key competitors in the account and exploits this knowledge to company’s advantage.
- Frequently requested to educate peers on account management, client issues and trends, and key industry issues.
- Sets and manages appropriate client expectations to run the account business.
- Frequently educates client and account team on pertinent business issues, new company products and services and industry trends.
- Demonstrates business leadership skills in contributing to company’s strategic direction in addressing client needs, input on internal processes and in identifying new capabilities.
- Balances strategic and tactical pursuits to optimize coverage and develop a predictable company revenue stream.
- Influences BU development agendas and promotes cross-BU solution-oriented collaboration in pursuit of consultative account partnering.
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top