This position is located in either Boise, ID, El Paso, TX, Clarksville, VA or Charleston WV.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is a leading global technology services provider delivering business solutions to its clients. Hewlett Packard Enterprise delivers the industry’s broadest portfolios of information technology, applications and business process outsourcing services to clients in the manufacturing; financial services; healthcare; communications, media and entertainment; energy; transportation; and consumer and retail industries; and to governments around the world.
Governments turn to Hewlett Packard Enterprise to help reduce costs, streamline processes and operate more efficiently, while improving the quality and value of the services they provide. Our deep experience in the public and private sectors has enabled us to deliver substantial results for a variety of government organizations.
Administrative Assistant for the US Public Sector Delivery Administrative Services This position supports all of USPS Delivery in the Centers of Excellence and will provide support for multiple leaders. We are in need of an Intermediate to senior level administrative knowledge and skills with senior level knowledge in some administrative tasks.
Applies developed knowledge of the job skills, company policies and procedures to complete a wide variety of difficult assignments/tasks. Thorough understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job. Works on assignments that are moderately complex in nature and require ordinary problem resolution and independent judgment. Works under limited supervision and normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions given for new assignments.
- Responsible for performing general administrative support tasks involved in an organization.
- Responsibilities include assisting supervisory and non- supervisory employees with various administrative support tasks.
- These tasks may include, but are not limited to, general filing and records maintenance, compiling data for reports, assisting with administrative tasks associated with the cost center(s) budget(s), scheduling appointments and meetings, calendar maintenance for one or more employees, answering/screening telephone calls, preparing expense reports, preparing/editing presentations, making travel arrangements, distributing mail, greeting/escorting visitors, assisting new employees, duplicating, and other established general administrative tasks.
- Coordinates work within the work unit and with other work units/departments, both internal and possibly external to the company.
- May assist in supporting the general administrative work for one or more professional employees other than the direct supervisor.
- The work performed by these employees is predominately general administrative in nature, as opposed to specific administrative tasks that are directly related to a specialty functions e.g., marketing, engineering, human resources, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires 3-5 years’ experience general administrative experience in a busy work environment, or equivalent combination of experience and college level education.
- Needs strong experience with the Microsoft Office Professional package (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint sites), Adobe PDF, & Skype for Business (instant messenger/pc phone/remote meeting-collaboration tool).
- Able to obtain a Security clearance
- Intermediate to senior level administrative knowledge and skills and senior level knowledge in some administrative tasks.
- Has the ability to work with multiple issues/projects and has the experience/ability to support more than one employee’s general administrative needs. May be regarded as the primary administrative employee of a work unit.
- Specific advanced level of software skills as required by the work unit.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and issues is paramount to being a success in this position.
- Attention to detail, accuracy and completeness are needed.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change swiftly.
- Ability to prioritize, tracking a project from end to end, & adhering/enforcing deadlines.
- Will need to be able to support multiple accounts while on the Administrative Team, sharing common processes and tasks in a centralized team with other team members that will be working virtually with you.
- Some on-site support may be required at the desired work location: such as conference room scheduling, escorting visitors, processing onboarding documents for new hires, collecting & recycling assets during the off boarding process, real estate requests, & document control.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise Values:
Partnership first: We believe in the power of collaboration – building long term relationships with our customers, our partners and others
Bias for action: We never sit still – we take advantage of every opportunity
Innovators at heart: We are driven to innovate – creating both practical and breakthrough advancements
HPE is an EOE / Female / Minority / Individual with Disabilities / Protected Veteran Status
What do we offer?
Extensive social benefits, flexible working hours, a competitive salary and shared values, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, work-life balance, and constantly evolving career opportunities.
If you are looking for challenges in a pleasant and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers
You can also find us on:
Meet Some of Hewlett Packard Enterprise's Employees
Business Compensation Manager
Jeremy ensures all HPE employees are properly compensated for their contributions to the company, helping to retain top talent and market leaders for the organization.
Back to top