Sr Software Engineer
- Boulder, CO
What's the role?
We are hiring a Senior Software Engineer to apply cutting-edge technologies crucial for building and maintaining a live HD map for the autonomous world. Our customers include some of the top OEM’s as well as many other autonomous startups. We are also working on leveraging our lengthy history in location services to enter into new markets. The engineering team is revolutionizing the way location data is generated and productized for our customers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to design and implement real-time streaming at large scale. We operate in a fast-paced and highly experimental fashion, which allows us to bring the most value to our customer. As a Software Engineer on our team, you will have the opportunity to design the next greatest idea to enhance the customer’s experience. SDEs at HERE are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities which enable them to significantly improve product quality. We are looking for proactive, creative flexible candidates who thrive within a collaborative and fun peer environment. This is a fast-paced team where you will make a direct impact on the customer experience and the bottom line of the company. We utilize OO programming languages, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and the cutting-edge Cloud technology stack to build solutions that solve our challenges, ranging from scaling for massive data input volumes to supporting customers around the world
You strive for simplicity and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment backed by sound quality and scalable reasoning. Come join our team, have fun, and make history.
We have big plans for our team, and we are looking for those who can drive the team to new heights
Who are you?
- 7+ years of relevant experience in building production-scale systems.
- Strong experience with Kubernetes, Apache Kafka and/or cloud-based equivalents (e.g. Kinesis), Stream-based integration patterns such as Apache Flink.
- Event-driven/event-sourced architectures
- Strong in programming Python, Java, Scala, C++ on a Unix/Linux platform.
- Performance modeling and tuning
- Docker (building large images from scratch, as well as operating at scale)
- Experience in building distributed systems - have built highly scalable, robust, distributed and fault-tolerant systems based on open source technologies and know how to innovate on top of these systems.
- Deep hands-on experience building, releasing, monitoring, and supporting mission-critical services in high traffic applications.
- Expertise in cloud-based infrastructure (AWS CloudFormation, AWS ECS and ECR, AWS Lambda, AWS Athena, Elasticsearch)
- An understanding of ML fundamentals and how ML applications are developed and deployed in a modern software architecture.
- Ability to leverage agile methodologies to gather requirements from stakeholders and execute in a service-oriented architecture.
- Proven experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) environment (GitLab, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Experience solving large-scale, distributed computing problems
- Experience in design and architecture, including familiarity with object-oriented design patterns. Engineering excellence such as good design abstractions, API stability, unit testing, leading best practices for other engineers to follow, and solid documentation.
- On top of that, it would be ideal if you also have:
- Experience in HD map industry
- Experience with error tracking tools, e.g. JIRA, Zephyr
- Experience with version control systems, e.g. git
- Masters or higher in Computer Science or related field focus
- Experience breaking a monolithic application into services
- Functional programming: Scala, etc
- Building a greenfield application and running it at scale
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience working directly with data science and ML teams
- Familiarity/experience with SRE concepts/practices
- Proven track record of successful transition of R&D projects to production environments
- Experience with technical topics related to industrial mapping
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and make things happen quickly
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Back to top