What's the role?
As our digital and physical lives become increasingly inter-connected, our map of the world is rapidly changing. With every connected device or sensor capable of generating and sharing its context and location, it is data that will connect this complex new world. The question is how do we make better use of that data and transform it into useful services for people and organizations – all in real-time?
Our answer is the HERE Platform.
The HERE Platform Big Data Processing team believes the value of a platform is directly related to the convenience of the platform. Our goal is to enable developers to easily conflate HERE Reality Index content with their own data using off the shelf batch or stream processing technologies. We will achieve this by providing a self-serve Apache Spark and Apache Flink managed cloud service for developers to run their batch or stream location based data processing jobs.
- Design and build sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed services with multi-region and multi-cloud deployments
- Develop automated tests (using TDD) to achieve test coverage for continuous deployment.
- Participate in design and code reviews with peer engineers
- Help the team in adopting relevant new technologies, tools, methods and processes.
- Provide operational support & guidance to customers of the HERE platform.
- Support and influence the team culture of being customer centric and continuous improvement.
Who are you?
- Two years of professional experience in building RESTful microservices
- Three years of experience in Java or Scala development
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with working in Agile software development environment
- Familiarity with Apache Spark or Apache Flink
- Experience with DevOps practices and techniques such as TDD, continuous integration and continuous deployments.
- Experience with Cloud computing infrastructure, like AWS, is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, sense of ownership, drive to learn and improve
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent experience
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.