Sr Program Manager
- Yokohama, Japan
What's the role?
As a Sr Program Manager, you will lead complex integration programs with two large Japanese conglomerates and their related customers/partners. You will have a thorough understanding of the software development process and have the experience to lead multi-disciplinary teams spread across multiple continents. For example, in this role, you will at times have to delve into technical topics to liaise between the customer and internal teams and at other times you will have clear understanding of customers’ needs and need to coordinate with Sales, Marketing, Legal and other business teams to drive contractual initiatives. There is no lack of variety - either business or technical in this job. So, if you are laser-focused on delighting your customer and thrive in a fast-paced environment that provides a diverse variety of challenges, then this position may be for you
Your main responsibilities include:
All aspects of program management including schedule, budget, and resources, as well as pre- and post-contract execution support:
- Manage multiple customer projects from scoping via requirements gathering through product launch and activation for leading Mobile, Web, automotive OEM and consumer electronics customers.
- Lead as the primary interface to customer ensuring all aspects of customer engagement are being implemented efficiently and seamlessly as defined through SOWs, Contracts, or Plans of Record (POR).
- Support Program managers, Sales Account Executives / Business Development leads in all aspects of pre-sales including, but not limited to, preparing presentation materials and presenting to customers as the local evangelist of the various HERE products and services including Map Content, Platform Services and Native Mobile Client SDKs.
- Serve as Voice of the Customer (VOC), capturing the spoken and unspoken needs of customers and communicating regularly to the various HERE product teams to help drive the future roadmaps of the HERE product portfolio.
- Drive program governance through regular internal and customer team meetings, summits, workshops or steering committee meetings and lead the process for dispute and issue resolution.
- Deploy launched products and solutions into operational divisions (Quality Assurance, System Integration, Customer Acceptance Testing)
- Cross-Functional Internal Team Management
- Aggressively manage and mitigate any program risks/issues.
- Manage communications across the entire program team, and into the client organization.
- Report project status regularly to Senior Management including milestones, KPIs and escalations if necessary through weekly dashboards and monthly program reviews.
- Serve as a conduit between product and sales for providing product vision, value proposition, direction, commercial offer and roadmap to potential customers. This includes things like providing standard documentation (e.g., roadmaps, product offerings) for general use to sales teams, assisting in responding to RFPs, and attending customer sales meetings.
- Promote HERE Services Value Proposition to customers.
Who are you?
You are a strong match for the role if you possess the following skills, competencies and work experience:
- Degree in engineering with validated program management experience of at least 10 years with an overall 17 + years of total work experience.
- Strong understanding of mapping technologies including map content, geocoding, navigation, GPS, routing, positioning, local search, tile rendering and traffic.
- Knowledge of mobile operating systems including Android, iOS, Tizen and Windows Phone is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of Agile Software development philosophies and methodologies - particularly the tools and practices around SCRUM
- Very strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) for appropriate interaction across all management levels.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining strong cross-team working relationships and collaboration.
- Validated soft skills including active listening, diplomacy, dispute resolution, negotiation.
- Ability to lead, coach and motivate a team of highly talented individuals distributed across multiple geographies.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to influence others outside of one's own direct managerial line of control
- Hands-on knowledge of defect tracking systems such as Jira and Bugzilla.
- Experience of using collaboration tools such as Confluence, Wiki and Sharepoint.
- Fluency in Japanese and English.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Back to top