Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Mumbai, India
What's the role?
The HERE NDS (navigation database standard) Technologies team is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to build our map compilation product that creates the most comprehensive high definition live map in the market, intended to support precise navigation for self-driving cars.
- Ensure our services are running stable, high-performance and secure on a globally distributed platform
- Work with and support NDS teams to onboard & run their services on our infrastructure platform.
- Attention to detail, and an appreciation for the relationship between system reliability & performance and company success
- Enable and support continuous deployment of applications to our platform
- Develop release approach using automated, containerized deployment techniques
- Work with teams to find the best system architecture for our services
- Work with our business teams to ensure the economics of our platform are in balance
- Develop automation scripts, daemons, and APIs to reduce operational overhead
- Be part of an agile team, share knowledge, do code reviews, pro-active communication
Who are you?
- B.Sc. degree or higher in Computer Science or related fields.
- 5+ years experience in relevant software or internet service industry with a service operations background supporting high availability 24x7x365 environments
- Hands-on technical person with experience in IT infrastructure
- Proven expertise in GitLab advanced usage & administrative skills, Artifactory & maven
- Advanced experience in continuous integration & continuous delivery using GitLab (++)
- Jenkins is a plus
- 2 + years in AWS cloud computing (advanced level), AWS cross- access accounts, CentOS, Ubuntu and other Linux distributions.
- Proven expertise in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) &/or Software as a service (SaaS) combined with 2+ years proven proficiency in the scripting technologies Python (++), groovy(+);
- Container Orchestration: Kubernetes, Mesosphere, Docker Swarm
- Infrastructure Management, calculation of proper sizing of infrastructure, planning skills in setting up, ramping down, migration of environments
- Having either one or some of the following skills will be considered a plus
- Experience as Oracle DBA/ SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle 11 – 19
- Experience in Spark, Hadoop & Scala
- Experience in key-value store
- AWS Certified Architect is a plus
- Further certification path will be highly supported from the company
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Back to top