What's the role?
Job Title: Java Developer (2-4 years)
We, the traffic team is focused on delivery of real-time traffic and will participate in all stages of software development including refining product vision, gathering requirements, software system design, coding, testing, release, and support.
You will work on projects focused on delivery of real-time traffic and will participate in all stages of software development including refining product vision, gathering requirements, software system design, coding, testing, release, and support. You will follow a documented software development process and be accountable for conformance to software quality standards including the creation and execution of unit test plans. The candidate will also work collaboratively with other engineering teams to ensure cross-functional goals are met.
- Software development of application or system components including design and review
- Unit and Integration testing of developed code
- Investigation and root cause analysis of software and system defects
- Create and execute approved test plans and analyzes and report results
- Maintain and run tools and processes that support and automate software product release
- Understand the technical aspects of the products used to support the configuration management activities of the development process
- Adapt configuration management tools for the complex needs of the development teams or the management of the development process
- Decompose requirements for testability and provide feedback to the requirement gathering process
- Interact with customers/users to support software acceptance process and act as a liaison between development and user community
Who are you?
You are an excellent Software Engineer with BE/ME/MCA degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree from reputed college / university.
- 2-4 years of hands on application development experience
- Demonstrated expertise building and enhancing Java / Java EE based applications. The candidate should be proficient in Java and Java EE.
- Exposure to Web Services, SOAP, REST services
- Exposure to Spring Framework
- Exposure to unit testing framework like junit, mockito
- Exposure to SQL
- Exposure to Agile software development process
- Exposure to Configuration Management tools (Mercurial, SVN or Git)
- Strong oral and written communication skills (English)
What we offer
We will support you in delivering your day to day tasks and achieving your personal goals and develop your skills. Personal development is highly encouraged at HERE. You can take different courses and trainings at our online University and join cross-functional team projects within our Talent Platform. Our office is located with easy access by public transportation options and offers great canteen facilities with extra attention to healthy food. To keep your mind and body fit, we have access to a fitness studio and a lot of dart- and kicker-tournaments. So, what are you waiting for? Apply now and make HERE your destination. We are just getting started...!
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate you without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started. Apply now!
Who are we?
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video