Senior Scala Engineer
- Mumbai, India
What's the role?
As part of the Rendering R&D group you will be working within a team of developers, DevOps and architects. This is a dynamic role within a high-achieving team creating the software needed to generate maps for both devices and web.
The main task of this role is to write high quality source code in a maintainable way. You will develop new features and improve existing ones using the best of your knowledge. You will care about performance and memory consumption. You will have to solve problems across different products and services and this will expose you to a broad set of technical challenges as well as many different ways of solving them. This exposure will help you grow and you will gain deep understanding of our products. In addition you will:
- Design, develop, test, maintain and improve our software
- Track test results and defects in relevant tools/databases and pro-actively take on new challenges by learning new tools and environments
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables
Who are you?
BE / B-Tech degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
4+ years of JVM in general and ideally with Scala development but Kotlin is fine as well
• Understands how important it is to write clean, usable, testable code
• Knowledge of HTTP, REST principles and TCP/IP networking
• Experience with running highly available services serving millions of requests
• Experience writing software for backend services, async and multithreading
• Knowledge of Linux
• Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
In particular, the technologies we are looking after are:
• Akka framework
• Knowledge of AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
If would be great if you have, on top of everything else:
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Back to top