Lead Technical Support Engineer (Remote)
- Mexico City, Mexico
What's the role?
The Lead Technical Support Engineer (TSE) is an experienced support engineer with a pre-sales mindset, and ensures the Customer makes optimal use of HERE products and services, from the evaluation phase through the production phase and into the maintenance phase. The TSE ensures Customer satisfaction by providing technical training, resolving issues and being the voice of the Customer to internal here departments. The Lead Technical Support Engineer has strong Customer focus, establishes close relationships with the Customer, product management and sales, and is a subject matter expert of the broad range of here products and services.
Must be the go-to technical expert on HERE products:
- Analyze test and debug software issues reported by the Customers
- Deliver a swift and effective response until the issue is resolved and the situation is normalized
- Address the issue in a systematic approach coordinated across teams and stakeholders to ensure alignment on criticality with a “single source of truth”, timely Executive visibility and reporting, have lessons learned built into actionable follow-up plans
- Work on technical consulting assignments for/with the Customer
- Train and assist customers in understanding the benefits of HERE technical assets, by leveraging new features and implementing timely updates to all support channels
- Working with sales to complete RFQs. Translate Customer needs into requirements, products, and solutions
- Tracking and reporting Customer issues to the internal teams
- Drive continuous improvement to achieve Customer outcomes:
- Manage Customer needs internally to ensure internal initiatives reflect Customer business and technical requirements. Actively involve other departments as required to have them contribute
- Manage tactical relationship with Customers including conflict resolutions, strategic alignment, and communication
- Provide direct technical expertise for opportunities in one or multiple domains of knowledge
- Seek and collate feedback to shape online community management practices and product ideation
- Assist in definition of and specification of usability and serviceability enhancements (improve Customer Experience – CX)
- Provide feedback to Sales, Product Marketing, and Product Management on current and future product requirements (acts as the voice of the Customer)
- Stay sharp and share your knowledge:
- Continuously nurture and expand your technical readiness
- Participate in internal HERE technical communities and in the broader industry through events, blogs, whitepapers, and articles for your domains of expertise
- Sense of urgency, SLA and 24/7 mind set, proactive, result oriented, works independently with regular engagement and limited direction from the direct line management
- Drives and motivate cross functional groups within HERE to meet and exceed Customer expectations
- Individual contributor
IMPACT DECISION MAKING
- Impact is to both current and future business. Influences business unit results and/or Customer relationships
- Decisions, action and errors will normally impact current and future business
Who are you?
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant subject – e.g., Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields
- Work Experience:
- 8+ years of relevant technical experience of which 2+ years in technical pre-sales, technical Customer support, technical consulting or similar Customer facing roles
- Excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment.
- Creative, resourceful, and innovative problem solver.
- Great communication skills (including active listening and comprehending requirements).
- Excellent oral presentation skills incl. the ability to simplify complex thoughts/ideas
- Industry Experience:
- High technology B2B or B2B2C experience preferred
- Sound understanding of mapping technologies including map content, geocoding, navigation, GPS, routing, positioning, local search, tile rendering and traffic
- Very good mobile application development in Flutter, Android SDK, Swift or React/Redux.
- Proficient in HTML5/CSS3/LESS/SASS, responsive design techniques
- Effective knowledge support tooling like Junit, WebPack, ESLint.
- Service and web development experience - Java / Node.jsProven track record of establishing and maintaining strong cross-team working relationships and collaboration
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) for appropriate interaction across all management levels
- Strong soft skills including active listening, diplomacy, dispute resolution, negotiation
- Strong analytical mindset and a problem solver
- Fluent in English, both written and oral.
- Able to travel 25% both domestic and international
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Back to top