Lead Software Engineer - HERE Platform, Core Data Services
- Chicago, IL
What's the role?
We are looking for a (Lead) Software Engineer - HERE Platform, Core Data Services Team
The problem is to store, index, analyse and connect them together in the same making it easily available for our users. At the same time, we have be able to scale and change fast to accommodate to the needs of our current and new customers. Think about:
- durable and versioned map of whole Earth with road topology and thousands of different kinds of attributes
- fast changing volatile datasets like traffic and weather
- streams of different kind car sensors data
The HERE Platform - provides the recognized experience of HERE to its customers in order to let them build their location based applications and run them on our cloud infrastructure with ease.Thanks to our powerful abstractions, state-of-the-art building blocks and cloud infrastructure, our customers can ingest, make sense of their location data (e.g. car sensor data for signs, warnings, roads, one way streets, but also weather, or points of interest) in real time. The data can be mixed and matched and possibly shared with other members of the platform which makes it even more powerful.
As Lead Software Engineer you'll have opportunity to work on this amazing product. Within a co-located, cross-functional and self-organized team, you’ll have fun pair-programming in Open source technologies like Scala/Java/Go on systems under huge load and storing vast amount of data in very heart of the platform. You will help running it on production - so no excuses, no throwing things over the fence but full control and responsibility.
We care about software design and take the time to write quality software. We use code reviews to learn from each other and to ensure our self-imposed bar for quality is constantly met.
Your role encompasses defining and working on features and technical tasks in a self-directed fashion, supporting your colleagues with technical challenges, working with product management to analyze requirements, talking to stakeholders, designing, implementing and documenting solutions as well as testing and reviewing your colleagues' work..
Your team-shared responsibilities
- architecture, design, develop, test the backend components
- run, monitor and support them running in production
- elaboration and refinement of user stories
- development infrastructure (build, testing, continuous integration)
- documentation (deliverables, wiki)
- evaluate and choose technologies suitable for work
- communicate effectively about decisions, direction and progress, both inside and outside the team
- provide coaching and technical guidance for less experienced team members
Who are you?
- You have a good knowledge of object oriented and functional programming languages and related technologies
- You are familiar with HTTP, the REST-principles and streaming concepts
- You understand of the importance of producing good and readable code
- You have in-depth experience of writing unit-, acceptance-, performance tests and test-driven development
- You have a former experience with high throughput, low latency, highly reliable systems at scale
- You have desire to learn new things and ready to be challenged
- You have experience with building and maintaining highly available systems on Kubernetes, Docker or related cloud deployment technologies
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
Back to top