Lead Java Developer
- Mumbai, India
What's the role?
In this position you will work closely with project managers, data analysts and other developers in a fast paced environment including multiple platforms, architectures and technologies. Furthermore you will:
- Provide design and development leadership in delivering products and tools used in creating high definition live maps
- Own and drive technical leadership and in-depth solutions in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Own one or more components of software architecture in immediate environment
- Develop software that is well-crafted & steadily adds business value, as part of a community of professionals
- Engage with internal and external customers for requirements, change requests and incidents to help define application specifications
- Drive initiatives that contribute in development of software that is efficient, re-usable and reliable (e.g. agile, coding, verification)
- Be part of an agile team, share knowledge, do code reviews, pro-active communication also mentor and guide junior engineers in the team
Who are you?
You are a fast learner, with an eye for detail, strong problem-solving and debugging skills. In addition you have:
- 8+ years backend application development including backend application development experience – Java 1.8+/Scala or functional programming language
- Good knowledge on Oracle/SQLLite & PLSQL and excellent in writing complex Oracle PLSQL queries.
- SQL performance tuning experience
- Experience in development of Service oriented architecture, Spring framework and web services
- Experience in data structures &algorithms and Design patterns knowledge
- Infrastructure Knowledge: Maven/SBT, GIT/GERRIT, Apache Spark, Amazon Web Services, Jenkins, Linux Environment.
What do we offer?
We will support you in delivering your day to day tasks and achieving your personal goals and develop your skills. Personal development is highly encouraged at HERE. You can take different courses and trainings at our online University and join cross-functional team projects within our Talent Platform. Our office is located with easy access by public transportation options and offers great canteen facilities with extra attention to healthy food.
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Make HERE your destination, we are just getting started! Apply now!
Who are we?
Ever checked in somewhere on social media? Ever tracked your online orders? You might be using HERE Technologies every single day without even realizing it. You can find us everywhere: in vehicles, smartphones, drones or third-party apps. We believe that with the right people, we will continue to be a game-changer in the technology industry and improve the daily lives of people around the world. Find out more by clicking the video below or going HERE.
You will be joining our fast growing, highly motivated NDS (Navigation Data Standard) team. As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to dive deep into how we capture the real world, how this is reflected in our reality index, and work with the team on how this data goes straight into cars with our NDS deliveries. We work with Agile practices and co-operate with numerous different teams inside and outside of the company. Our team delivers digital maps in NDS formats to our automotive customers where the data is going straight into cars to power autonomous driving uses cases.
Back to top